Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

    GIF shows where to locate </> in the thread and or post editor toolbar.
    To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, review our "How to post your code into threads" here.

    Thank you, Code Forum.

Python PCEP 30-02 - Entry level Python practice exams???

So I've been looking at getting certifications starting with PCEP-Entry level. I feel pretty confident that I am definitely beyond entry level. I mean I've written games in pygame, learned some tkinter, regex, pyautogui, and more. I've watched a few videos of what were supposedly real PCEP 30-02 tests and they were no problem. But then I started looking for free practice exams online. I even payed for one of them and its a whole different story. I mean some of the questions are easy but most of them are like designed to trick you with like a lower case 't' in True or a comma instead of a dot. Things that can just dont pop out and catch your eye. Some things like who created python and it was a multiple choice of all the same name with slightly different spellings. Or what was python named after. - The snake - Monty python -... I happened to know that one because of a book I read but I mean come on. And then there were questions asking you to do binary or hexadecimal calculations. What??? What entry level python programmer is doing that? I'll post a picture of one ridiculous question I took a screen shot of. Wasnt nearly the worst but pretty bad. So I'm just wondering like am I as bad of a programmer as these questions are making me feel like. Are these the questions that you really get on the PCEP or no. Maybe the'yre raising the bar to make sure you'll pass??? Idk

for forums.webp
 
So I've been looking at getting certifications starting with PCEP-Entry level. I feel pretty confident that I am definitely beyond entry level. I mean I've written games in pygame, learned some tkinter, regex, pyautogui, and more. I've watched a few videos of what were supposedly real PCEP 30-02 tests and they were no problem. But then I started looking for free practice exams online. I even payed for one of them and its a whole different story. I mean some of the questions are easy but most of them are like designed to trick you with like a lower case 't' in True or a comma instead of a dot. Things that can just dont pop out and catch your eye. Some things like who created python and it was a multiple choice of all the same name with slightly different spellings. Or what was python named after. - The snake - Monty python -... I happened to know that one because of a book I read but I mean come on. And then there were questions asking you to do binary or hexadecimal calculations. What??? What entry level python programmer is doing that? I'll post a picture of one ridiculous question I took a screen shot of. Wasnt nearly the worst but pretty bad. So I'm just wondering like am I as bad of a programmer as these questions are making me feel like. Are these the questions that you really get on the PCEP or no. Maybe the'yre raising the bar to make sure you'll pass??? Idk

View attachment 2898
Python:
print(ord('h') - ord('z'))

104−122=−18

It is a fair question because the problem doesn't require knowing all Unicode code points by heart. Instead, it relies on the knowledge that:
  • 'a' starts at 97
  • 'h' and 'z' are in a predictable sequence
 
Last edited:
Python:
print(ord('h') - ord('z'))

104−122=−18

It is a fair question because the problem doesn't require knowing all Unicode code points by heart. Instead, it relies on the knowledge that:
  • 'a' starts at 97
  • 'h' and 'z' are in a predictable sequence
ya I guess. Just doesn't seam like an entry level problem to me. But hey I guess I'll just study more to ensure I'll pass.
 
Back
Top Bottom