Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

PHP exe path help VS Code

HollyJ24

Coder
Hi I seem to find myself constantly stuck at the moment! I used a program called flywheel to download local wordpress and my visual code says it Cannot validate since no PHP executable is set. Use the setting 'php.validate.executablePath' to configure the PHP executable.

The folder for my files doesn't have a php.exe .. I don't know how to solve this?! Wordpress will be the death of me!!

Don't give up, it should be simple... What operating system do you use?
Nothing seems to go right I first downloaded it manually and used xamp but struggled a abit with making sure all the files and everything were all set up properly then came across this flywheel local which made it easier but now still running into problems .. it does have php because I've ran the code so it shows what version I have. Just can't locate the right file anywhere .. there is a php file and php.ini but no exe .. I have the latest windows 10 as I've just got a new computer .. thank you for your help!

Ok, keep calm, those are regular problems with programming. In these situations, your best friend should be Google search. Supply sufficient information, and you will be moving hills.

I searched this: configure php executable visual studio code, and got this (among other stuff):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now, if php.exe is not in the same place as in provided video, open search php.exe from My Computer, and supply the correct path to php.exe at environment variables setup, as shown in video.

Let me know if it worked.

Ok, keep calm, those are regular problems with programming. In these situations, your best friend should be Google search. Supply sufficient information, and you will be moving hills.

I searched this: configure php executable visual studio code, and got this (among other stuff):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now, if php.exe is not in the same place as in provided video, open search php.exe from My Computer, and supply the correct path to php.exe at environment variables setup, as shown in video.

Let me know if it worked.
There is no php.exe I have searched .. There is other php files and 1 called just php .. I think I might get rid of this flywheel and start over again using xamp

I looked at flywheel app and I don't like it very much. Maybe we could get it work, but... I think the less utility apps installed, the less problems around. Xamp seems widely supported these days, so I'd recommend to try that. Try following these instructions for installing xamp, then follow the above video for setting up VSCode.
Thank you so much for all your help! I have started from scratch, uninstalled everything and started again with xampp for it still to be missing but because I was googling about xampp this time I got more results and turns out my windows was not showing the file extensions so I didn't need to uninstall and start all over! HUGE face palm, I guess it is all part of the leaning?!

Again .. thank you!

I'm glad things are beginning to make sense.

Before you continue, inform yourself on how to publish online a site you built with WP at local computer. I think it is not just plain copying files to server, you might need a help from some utility to do that. Maybe WP has this one wired in, I don't know, but it is a very important part of the process.

I'm glad things are beginning to make sense.

Before you continue, inform yourself on how to publish online a site you built with WP at local computer. I think it is not just plain copying files to server, you might need a help from some utility to do that. Maybe WP has this one wired in, I don't know, but it is a very important part of the process.
Thank you I will do that!

Ha, I just want to chime in and say that system paths are one of the most annoying things of local programming.
Whether it's Python, Java, or PHP, you will definitely encounter a problem like this again. I'm glad you sorted it out :)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom