Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JosiahMaybe

Gold Coder
That may be like best choice I found so far. It tracks visitors. If not for that, buy.
hostfast.com
That may be an email thing with unlimited storage and email per time so I do not need email included.
asurahosting.com/hosting
I was going to do that but found limit of one server hardware.

Anyway, I am looking for a web hosting like shared but it may go by cloud that shares resources between server hardwares and has an option for unlimited databases (can be 1GB each) and unlimited storage. I know there is no true unlimited but if I can get like whole platform or much of it and 200GB+ eventually would be good. Main considerations, must have backups I can rely on (at least legally), unlimited stuff as mentioned, no LVE limits, share between servers, have unlimited bandwidth including for products distribution (programs and music), and SSL included or possible. Also I must be able to access stuff on server via PHP and have a private part that stays in WIPO Copyright Treaty in force areas and company must be in that too.

From what I understand I can do that with puting files at root of hosting and configuring CDN if there is one. Also, this host must be able to host raw PHP and HTML, not WordPress. I did find startupshosting.com but cannot get an answer. Money, particularly startup cost is an object. I want no geolocating or unique visitor counts. Preferable to have some email but I can do without and as mentioned before. Also, I prefer not like takes ownership of like my stuff or like irrevocable usage rights always.

If it helps, StackCP and custom control panels are common with this. Common control panels, cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, etc. cannot do this. I have gone to page 200 multiple times on search engines and am not satisfied with results yet. Another preference I have is PCI compliant hosting. Be sure and read terms before buying stuff like this. I only want 1 domain with addon domains but can do with addon or sub domain and 1 or more domain. Most of like my rejecting comes from terms, for quick review, look up "backup" or similar first, should not be like customer entirely responsible for that.

Anyway, should share resources between hardwares and rest. I prefer USA or without VAT for tax headaches but can do like anywhere. X E.

Should say in force, accession, or ratification. X E.

Hey, so many hosting providers do not have reliable backups with no LVE limits so anyone ever heard of an unlimited backup service for shared hosting or even just Linux servers? I found sucuri.net has a 200GB backup plan that works on shared hosting but I would need either SSH access or FTP access and with many I have both.

I am looking for like what to do when I hit 1TB and like my computer can't reasonably download all that. I would try like a sunlighthost.com but not reliable backups or at least not legally. Anyone here know if and how to do standard incremental backups on Linux even if it has a custom control panel?

As I understand it, anything that meets like my specs will have a custom control panel. Yes, I have heard of rsync but that could download other people's stuff. In case it helps, I know I can get a cheap 30TB external SSD and like my Ubuntu computer has 2TB storage. I just think all at once 1TB could take days or more. I do not know what to do if like my host account ever hits stuff like that except rely on good host backups. Any advice? X E.

@JosiahMaybe unfortunately, you're not going to find what you're looking for. You're going to get limitations for one thing or another. Your best solution is to choose where you would like to have that limitation

I found obvi8.org, unlimited about all possible, guaranteed paid backups, can not geolocate visitors (an uncommon feature with no LVE limits), shares between server hardwares, and basically all I asked for and more than I was expecting to get. Currently they are revamping their terms though so have to wait for any surprises but if they deliver on what they say, all I want for like $22 a month. Thanks for that advice @Antero360 but I think I found what I was looking for.

If not this one I may be able to find one without backups and without geolocation of visitors maybe. Like 90% of autoscaling multi server hosts geolocate their visitors without a way to turn that off. Anyway, I can do backups if this one does not deliver on its backup words. Also, only one I ever found with unlimited storage per database and autoscaling. Sorry if I advertise, I was trying not to. X E.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom