Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Start Focusing On Your Privacy

D

Dan-Kode

In today's World, you cannot go a single day without sacrificing your Privacy and Personal-Information for a Product. You've got to give your Email, Name, Date of Birth and all other kinds of Information to these Companies just to use their Services and Products.

Three big Companies involved with massive amounts of Data-Collection include Google, Facebook and Microsoft. Let's go over their Data-Collection schemes.

Google
Google is a Company that doesn't care about your Privacy that much(They care a tiny bit though). Whatever you Search using Google, will be recorded into their Servers and your Search-History. Google then uses this Data to serve Advertisements based on what you Search. So they're essentially tracking everything you do. Luckily enough, Google does offer Privacy-Controls but even then, they'll still be collecting Info such as your IP-Address, Email and Search-History. Every Google Product will include some form or Tracking and whatever you do is recorded into their Servers just to earn Money.

Facebook
This is quite obvious. Facebook has recently been involved in so many Scandals related to Privacy and even if they did announce at F8 earlier this Year that they would be focusing on Privacy, they'll still be using Shadow-Profiles(Trackers that watch what you do outside of their Site) and will also be recording everything you do, say and what Info you share on your Profile. Just like Google, they'll show Advertisements based on what you do and thus' they earn Money because of it.

Microsoft
You probably would think that Microsoft doesn't collect too much Info about you, right? Sorry, your wrong. Ever since Satya Nadella and the release of Windows 10, Microsoft has been taking more and more Information about you and using it to: "Improve their Services". Microsoft has many Products and Technologies that collect Information about you. Windows 10 has Data-Collection enabled by default. Microsoft's Bing Search-Engine collects Data and sells Advertisements based on what you do. Cortana collects Data about your Voice and stores it in Microsoft's Data-Centers. These are just a few examples of Microsoft's Data-Collection and they have many, many more ways to collect it. Just like Google.

As you can see, these Companies want your Data just to make Money based on your Information that you provide them. So try and find Alternatives to them or try and limit their Collection of Data on you(This won't do very much though). Instead of using Windows 10, why not use Linux [Distro] or MacOS X? Instead of using Google-Search or Bing, why not use DuckDuckGo? Instead of using Facebook(Including Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger), maybe opt for using Forums as a means of Communication or another Social-Media that doesn't have such a bad Reputation like Twitter. Finding Alternatives to Products by these Companies will make a difference. Even cutting-out just one of their Products will make a difference.

DuckDuckGo
Since this service is operated in the USA it is not recommended. The state organs have at any time the possibility to force a service to publish all data you should only use services operated in the EU. Of course this is no guarantee for security but it is much more difficult to get data in the EU.

WhatsApp and Messenger
XMPP or Matrix are the best alternative. But also Wire or Threema are relatively good.

Use Mastodon instead

A PiHole is also highly recommended if you want to protect your privacy. In connection with a VPN you can also use it for your mobile phone.

It's a german site but I think it can be very helpful.

Last edited:
I do know that DuckDuckGo is operated in the US. I never really thought of the Fact that they could just give my Information to the Government. I mean, I am an EU-Citizen(At the moment anyway until Brexit is done with). But DuckDuckGo is my preferred Search-Engine at the moment.

Now as for that Blog and the Links to the Alternatives to WhatsApp and Messenger, I do not understand anything that it's saying.

Now as for that Blog and the Links to the Alternatives to WhatsApp and Messenger, I do not understand anything that it's saying.
Translating all this right now would be too much. You could try to translate it with deepl.com.
In general I posted the link because there are many alternative links.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom