Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The first challenge of 2021! Submissions closed!

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus

The colourful introduction!

Howdy Code Forum! I would like to welcome you to our first code challenge of the year! The first challenge of the year will be called "Colour Introduction"! You are tasked with creating a simple colourful introduction using any language - but... the catch is you can only do it within 5 lines of code! The submission deadline will be the 19th 26th of March, after the deadline a poll will be created where the community would be able to vote on the best one! The winner will receive a shiny badge along with a $20 CAD gift card!

Challenge rules:
  • We have a few rules if you'd like to participate.
  • If you have multiple accounts here at Code Forum you may only enter using one account.
  • Once you submit you cannot resubmit nor edit the submission.
  • Please be respectful!

Task List:
  • Create a colourful introduction with just "Hello, I'm (yourname)!" using only 5 lines of code!
  • Once you have your masterpiece submit it as a reply to this thread.
  • Wait until the deadline, a poll will be created after all the submissions and you get to vote on your favourite one!
Rewards:
  • A special badge will be given to the winner!
  • A $20 gift card.

Last edited:
A very hacky way of doing it but I've been away from coding for so long, it's going to have to make do :x3:.

Will give a different looking "colourful" introduction every time it is run.

4TAdamE.png

LkDmsac.png

[CODE lang="php" title="Coding Challenge 2021 #1"]
<?php
$arr = array("Hel","lo,"," I", "'m", " A", "s", "h", "!");
foreach ($arr as &$value) {
echo "<span style='color: rgb(".rand(0,255).",".rand(0,255).",".rand(0,255).")'>".$value."</span>";
}?>
[/CODE]

Hope this qualifies.... Used mainly in-line styling.

1615748342091.png

[CODE lang="html" title="Hello"]<body>
<h2 style="border-style:ridge; border-width:10px; border-color:rgb(204, 0 , 255); border-radius:10px; padding:15px; text-shadow:5px 5px 8px rgb(204, 0, 255); background:rgb(81, 133, 133);color:rgb(0, 169, 211);font-size:40px; text-align:center; font-family:cursive">Hello! I'm Krygore!</h2>
</body>[/CODE]

Hmmm, this is calm here?

Capture.PNG
C:
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void){
    printf("#     #                                       ### ###              #       #######                     ###\n#     # ###### #      #       ####             #  ### #    #       #          #     ####  #    # #   # ###\n#     # #      #      #      #    #            #   #  ##  ##       #          #    #    # ##  ##  # #  ###\n####### #####  #      #      #    #            #  #   # ## #       #          #    #    # # ## #   #    # \n#     # #      #      #      #    # ###        #      #    #       #          #    #    # #    #   #      \n#     # #      #      #      #    # ###        #      #    #       #          #    #    # #    #   #   ###\n#     # ###### ###### ######  ####   #        ###     #    #       #######    #     ####  #    #   #   ###\n                                    #   \n\n\n\n\n\n\n");
    return 0;
}
Black/white is colorful... Right?

Hi all! We have extended the deadline to March 26th! This should give more time for coders to submit their entries!

Okay. I'll try my best.

[CODE lang="python" title="My Submission for the CodeForum Challenge!"]from termcolor import colored
import random
highlight = ['on_grey', 'on_red', 'on_green', 'on_yellow', 'on_blue', 'on_magenta', 'on_cyan', 'on_white']
colors = ['green', 'red', 'blue', 'cyan', 'white', 'yellow', 'magenta', 'grey']
print(colored("This is the thing ma bobber I made for CodeForum. I use the imports termcolor and random, to randomize and color out what is being put on the terminal.\nThis thing ma bobber was created by Sago!", f'{random.choice(colors)}', f'{random.choice(highlight)}'))[/CODE]
The code explains the things basically.

colourfulsubmissionimages.png
Here is one of the images, if the text has no highlights because the highlight's color is the same color as your terminal.

Last chance to submit your entries; I will be closing submissions at 11:59PM Canadian EST.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom