Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Next Generation Of Consoles

Mathematical

Silver Coder
Hey there.

So, as we all know, the next generation of video-game consoles will begin at the end of this year, with both the release of the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X. Xbox did their reveal a while ago and Sony did theirs around last week. Of course, both companies still have a good deal of information to share regarding the pricing, the UI of the console, stuff like that.

Sony, as with Microsoft, has revealed their hardware-specifications and hardware-designs for both consoles, but they both haven't revealed the pricing yet, which is actually sparking some heavy debate(And also being the gateway to a lot of memes). I'm not sure about Microsoft as I've never owned an Xbox, but I do know for a fact that the new Xbox will be supporting backwards-compatibility with both the 360 and the One/One X. Sony on the other hand, has revealed many amazing games for the new PlayStation(Aside from an "enhanced" version of GTA V for some reason. Talk about showing-off next-gen, huh?) There is no doubt of course, both consoles will bare great games, with Sony winning on exclusivity and single-player franchises and Microsoft being the main contender in online-gaming.

But, we do still have 6 months to go until both consoles are released, so take this time to discuss any new and current details here in this thread. I'm looking forward to what all of you have to say. Also, if you are planning on buying either console, which one and why?

I myself, am definitely getting the PS5. I've always been a PlayStation person and the Xbox just doesn't seem to appeal to me. But, aside from that, I'm hyped for the PS5. Backwards-Compatibility with most of my PS4 games, is definitely a winner in the books for me. The sleek and minimalist design of the new console is also what appeals to me and while it does look like a Wi-Fi router as many people are putting it as, I would also say the design also bares some kind of resemblance to the PS3(Which I still own and play to this day). The controller still kind of looks the same to me, aside from changes in width, height, and breadth, but hopefully it's still comfy in the grip of somebody's hand. I've only checked out two trailers and that's for the new Ratchet & Clank game and the new Little Big Planet game. I've been waiting for a new LBP game for a while ever since 3, but this isn't really it. It will be something to pass the time with anyway. The new Ratchet & Clank game looks interesting too and that's actually how I ended up getting into the series on my PS4 by buying the 2016 remaster of the original game(Which has so far, been not bad but not great either) - Apparently though, it's a sequel to Into The Nexus(From 2013), and so I definitely need to catch-up on the Future series before I jump into the new one. Of course, more games are going to be revealed overtime and more details about games that have been shown, will be released by the developers of these games, which can further hype up the games. I definitely intend on checking out the other game trailers later, so that will be fun. The only thing that turns me off from the PS5, is the built-in microphone. As a privacy-freak, I really don't like that, but I'm sure there will be an option to disable it. If there isn't, then I doubt I'll be playing an online-game for along time on the 5 until such a feature is available. Either way, again, I'm hyped for the new PlayStation.

I'll be picking up the xbox series X sometime during the Christmas holidays. I personally have never cared for playstation. I've always been an xbox guy because I started out playing their console exclusive Halo, which makes for some great competitive games. They have surely come a long way with Halo and 2 games I will be picking up on launch are Halo 6: Infinite and Black Ops Cold War which are games schedules to release on launch including Black Ops for PS5.

The playstation has changed it's look again from what people first thought it was going to be. Currently they are saying it's supposed to be a huge console and much bigger than the Xbox Series X. This may be Microsofts chance to win the console wars as apparently the specs of the Xbox are supposed to be a tad bit better as well.

Sony has already won this generation of console wars so it will be anyones game when the new generation gets here to see how the competition stacks up.

TopSilver said:
I'll be picking up the xbox series X sometime during the Christmas holidays. I personally have never cared for playstation. I've always been an xbox guy because I started out playing their console exclusive Halo, which makes for some great competitive games. They have surely come a long way with Halo and 2 games I will be picking up on launch are Halo 6: Infinite and Black Ops Cold War which are games schedules to release on launch including Black Ops for PS5.
Interesting. As I said, I've always been a PlayStation person, and I largely grew-up with the PS3. I'll probably be the same in picking-up a PS5 when it's launched and I'll definitely be getting the one with the disc-drive. I was quite sad that there wasn't a Little Big Planet 4 announced instead of that generic platformer for the series - I've always been a fan of LBP. Aside from that, most of the games I've seen look pretty good and I look forward to playing both the new games and my PS4 titles on the console.

TopSilver said:
The playstation has changed it's look again from what people first thought it was going to be. Currently they are saying it's supposed to be a huge console and much bigger than the Xbox Series X. This may be Microsofts chance to win the console wars as apparently the specs of the Xbox are supposed to be a tad bit better as well.
Well, of course, it depends. Price seems to be the driving factor for nearly everyone and there's debate as to who's going to reveal their price first. In my opinion, the prices will be near-identical to each other for both consoles and both versions of those consoles. If I'm correct though, Sony's main focus is on speed while Microsoft's focus is on power. I'm more of a speed person rather than a power person, so I'm obviously going to go for PlayStation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft won the upcoming generation though. But, it also heavily depends on the exclusives. Sony obviously wins with this one and whether Microsoft will win with exclusives, we'll have to see.

Let's be honest, you would buy a console because its a fraction of the cost of a gaming rig, Xbox 360 Elite was £200 when it comes out then the Xbox One £500 but even then that was pricey. Now you can make a decent enough gaming PC for less then the price of a next-gen console so, so many people are moving to computers. Unless they can find a way of lowering the price of making them a lot better I think more will move to PCs

There is no way that you could purchase a PC for less than the price of a new console and get the same standard of gaming, to be honest. PC gaming is fun and good but it's not exactly a cheap thing to get into.

I will be getting a PS5 at launch and I honestly cannot wait for it!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom