Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

There's never been a better time to be a coder...

kolakube

Active Coder
...and I'm glad I've found you guys. :D

My name is Alex and I've been developing web software since 2007 and have fortunately been self-employed ever since getting into the industry. I specialize in developing WordPress software and sell my own products while working with a small handful of clients on custom development projects.

My favorite languages are the basics and most relatable for people of all experiences - PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS and I keep things as vanilla as possible for code longevity and best performance.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and improving my mind for OOP, maybe be convinced to use flex/grid CSS, and can hopefully help some of you along the way too! But more importantly, I'd love to explore topics about creating business models and marketing ourselves as coders. I think these are the things that tends to get lost in the syntax (definitely speaking for myself) and coding has become a far more enjoyable experience once I started getting paid on my own terms to do it.

Happy to make your aquantence!
I just started learning HTML and CSS around the beginning of February! I'm really enjoying the learning curve and trying to seize every available opportunity for free education towards it. I can't afford college and paint houses for a living as well as chainsaw carving as a hobby, but during the cold and wet months I've began learning front end web development! Haven't gotten I to PHP or JavaScript yet though...

I too hope we can be helpful to one another!

Regards,
Krygore

Hey Alex! It is a pleasure to have you as a member of our community. Sounds like you really know your stuff!

Looking forward to seeing your posts around the forum. :)

Happy to make your aquantence!
I just started learning HTML and CSS around the beginning of February! I'm really enjoying the learning curve and trying to seize every available opportunity for free education towards it. I can't afford college and paint houses for a living as well as chainsaw carving as a hobby, but during the cold and wet months I've began learning front end web development! Haven't gotten I to PHP or JavaScript yet though...

I too hope we can be helpful to one another!

Regards,
Krygore
Great to meet you and thank you for the warm welcome. You are definitely on the right path by starting with HTML and CSS as PHP/JS are better mastered with that foundational understanding. Just be careful because once you learn PHP and JS you will start to write HTML and CSS differently! I think one of the most beautiful things about coding is you can literally never stop learning.

Excited to see some of your work and how your "real world" interests influences your style. What we do offline is not disconnected from our online work and some of the most influential programmers in my life have had exotic hobbies in their own lives.

Hey Alex! It is a pleasure to have you as a member of our community. Sounds like you really know your stuff!

Looking forward to seeing your posts around the forum. :)
I like to think I do until I get 75% through a project only to learn I'm really only 25% done. :D

Excited to see some of your work and how your "real world" interests influences your style. What we do offline is not disconnected from our online work and some of the most influential programmers in my life have had exotic hobbies in their own lives.
Funny you should say that! I'm working on a simple "How-To" website for chainsaw carving :)

I've always been the creative type and started carving about 2 years ago. This virus really allowed me to have the time to hone in on it a bit, but when the weather got nasty, I was just sitting around inside.
I always found computer programming and code interesting, so I figured I would try my hand at it while I was stuck indoors. I'm hooked! Even if it is the basics! It's a whole new way to express creativity in my opinion!
I plan to eventually branch off into video game development, but figured web development was a good start :)

...and I'm glad I've found you guys. :D

My name is Alex and I've been developing web software since 2007 and have fortunately been self-employed ever since getting into the industry. I specialize in developing WordPress software and sell my own products while working with a small handful of clients on custom development projects.

My favorite languages are the basics and most relatable for people of all experiences - PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS and I keep things as vanilla as possible for code longevity and best performance.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and improving my mind for OOP, maybe be convinced to use flex/grid CSS, and can hopefully help some of you along the way too! But more importantly, I'd love to explore topics about creating business models and marketing ourselves as coders. I think these are the things that tends to get lost in the syntax (definitely speaking for myself) and coding has become a far more enjoyable experience once I started getting paid on my own terms to do it.
Hi Alex!

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
You sound like someone I strive to become in terms of coding and business. Combining these two things together is the perfect thing to do in our day and age. I hope to learn more from you. Right now I learn CSS, I already know HTML. I'd also love to learn JS (the starting package for a front-end developer as I heard ). Right now I am working on my own web site. And I am just starting. Not the easiest thing to do , tbh . But I am trying and I do not intend to give up. Especially now that I joined the uber cool community.

Cheers.

Funny you should say that! I'm working on a simple "How-To" website for chainsaw carving :)

I've always been the creative type and started carving about 2 years ago. This virus really allowed me to have the time to hone in on it a bit, but when the weather got nasty, I was just sitting around inside.
I always found computer programming and code interesting, so I figured I would try my hand at it while I was stuck indoors. I'm hooked! Even if it is the basics! It's a whole new way to express creativity in my opinion!
I plan to eventually branch off into video game development, but figured web development was a good start :)
That's awesome. From the moment the "pandemic" started I had a strong urge to keep innovating in my own business. I could tell a lot of grief was being spread and I thought my answer could be to keep creating and share art to hopefully embolden my small share of the world's attention. I hope a lot of people like us can come out of it with a renewed sense of direction and some new found skills from home.

You sound like someone I strive to become in terms of coding and business. Combining these two things together is the perfect thing to do in our day and age. I hope to learn more from you. Right now I learn CSS, I already know HTML. I'd also love to learn JS (the starting package for a front-end developer as I heard ). Right now I am working on my own web site. And I am just starting. Not the easiest thing to do , tbh . But I am trying and I do not intend to give up. Especially now that I joined the uber cool community.
Thanks for the warm welcome! You're on the right start by making your own website as that is where you will prove to the world your own concepts as a designer. My first success ever found online was through people resonating with my own website I created, and getting questions about "how did you do X?". Get obsessed and strive to create something cool for your own that you love to keep adding new content to, and people will follow. Capturing leads is important as this is where your super fans will live, and I recommend learning how to add an email list to your website ASAP. Without an email list, my business would not have been able to grow over the years.

Please keep myself and others around here updated on your learning progress. :D

That's awesome. From the moment the "pandemic" started I had a strong urge to keep innovating in my own business. I could tell a lot of grief was being spread and I thought my answer could be to keep creating and share art to hopefully embolden my small share of the world's attention. I hope a lot of people like us can come out of it with a renewed sense of direction and some new found skills from home.

Thanks for the warm welcome! You're on the right start by making your own website as that is where you will prove to the world your own concepts as a designer. My first success ever found online was through people resonating with my own website I created, and getting questions about "how did you do X?". Get obsessed and strive to create something cool for your own that you love to keep adding new content to, and people will follow. Capturing leads is important as this is where your super fans will live, and I recommend learning how to add an email list to your website ASAP. Without an email list, my business would not have been able to grow over the years.

Please keep myself and others around here updated on your learning progress. :D
Thanks for your support. I sure will.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom