Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TopSilver here from forum promotion

TopSilver

Bronze Coder
Hey just checking the site out. I really like the whole design you got going on here a lot. Very easy on the eyes and professional. Found you all on forum promotion and I'm excited to say that this seems like it could have a lot of potential for a new website. I will come check you all out from time to time when I get a chance. Hopefully you guys welcome me in! Thank you :D

@TopSilver Welcome to CodeForum.ORG! :)

What's your favourite part about CodeForum.ORG so far? Of course, you're welcomed! Really hope to see you around and learn lots :)

@TopSilver Welcome to CodeForum.ORG! :)

What's your favourite part about CodeForum.ORG so far? Of course, you're welcomed! Really hope to see you around and learn lots :)

The style is really what drew me in to sign up along with the catchy name. But also because I'm in the process of learning to code Xenforo 2 add-ons and thought it would be a great idea to join.

I have a couple already on xenforo.com Both free you may want to check out. I have one for the most users ever online and also one for a light switch (alternating light and dark styles) and a style chooser. Light switch wasn't coded with anything but a template mod but I did code the most users ever online add-on with PHP

The style is really what drew me in to sign up along with the catchy name. But also because I'm in the process of learning to code Xenforo 2 add-ons and thought it would be a great idea to join.
Awesome thank you for the feedback! I really enjoy both the name and style, I wanted to build CodeForum.ORG because I felt like other sites didn't really provide a positive learning environment as a community. With Stack Overflow, I find can be very negative at times, like you said in our private messages that everyone wants to better. But for CodeForum I want everyone to work together in helping each other. I built this community to help myself and others. I hope you can learn and put it towards your add-ons. I really hope to see them one day/ Again, I really appreciate you joining!
I have a couple already on xenforo.com Both free you may want to check out. I have one for the most users ever online and also one for a light switch (alternating light and dark styles) and a style chooser. Light switch wasn't coded with anything but a template mod but I did code the most users ever online add-on with PHP
I actually saw the light switch while browsing the add-ons page, I really like it. Nicely done :)

Awesome thank you for the feedback! I really enjoy both the name and style, I wanted to build CodeForum.ORG because I felt like other sites didn't really provide a positive learning environment as a community. With Stack Overflow, I find can be very negative at times, like you said in our private messages that everyone wants to better. But for CodeForum I want everyone to work together in helping each other. I built this community to help myself and others. I hope you can learn and put it towards your add-ons. I really hope to see them one day/ Again, I really appreciate you joining!

I actually saw the light switch while browsing the add-ons page, I really like it. Nicely done :)

Thank you. Someone posted a hack template edit that was not the same as my add-on. Not sure if that's what you saw. Mines an actual add-on and it wasn't hard to make at all but it works like a charm and theres no bugs in it at all. I didn't use any php code for that one its just a template modification. There's an option for a font awesome icon though its pretty neat and that's great the whole point of a community is to build support and create user engagement where users can help eachother. I admire that

Thank you. Someone posted a hack template edit that was not the same as my add-on. Not sure if that's what you saw. Mines an actual add-on and it wasn't hard to make at all but it works like a charm and theres no bugs in it at all. I didn't use any php code for that one its just a template modification. There's an option for a font awesome icon though its pretty neat and that's great the whole point of a community is to build support and create user engagement where users can help eachother. I admire that
You're welcome. Okay, hmm I think it was 100% yours that I saw. But who knows! How much PHP do you know? I appreciate that, I eventually want to do community build projects!

You're welcome. Okay, hmm I think it was 100% yours that I saw. But who knows! How much PHP do you know? I appreciate that, I eventually want to do community build projects!

It probably was if it was the one combined with the style chooser. Currently I do not know much php but I'm learning and my most ever online add-on was made correctly and legitimately but I won't lie Sim on xenforo.com helped me with it a bit. I did all the widget code and the options and so forth and he basically helped me figure out how to get the counts to work. It runs on a cron task that checks if the count is higher and if it is then it updates the count. There's nothing physically stored in the database except for caching. Uses a function called simple cache and caches the data. Which is how that type of add-on is supposed to work. Should be learning much more in the coming days. The next add-on i want to make is for "users viewing forum" and basically show the count in the forum description of how many users are viewing that specific forum. Will be another free add-on. Similar to how vbulletin 4 has that feature if you recall seeing it

It probably was if it was the one combined with the style chooser. Currently I do not know much php but I'm learning and my most ever online add-on was made correctly and legitimately but I won't lie Sim on xenforo.com helped me with it a bit. I did all the widget code and the options and so forth and he basically helped me figure out how to get the counts to work. It runs on a cron task that checks if the count is higher and if it is then it updates the count. There's nothing physically stored in the database except for caching. Uses a function called simple cache and caches the data. Which is how that type of add-on is supposed to work. Should be learning much more in the coming days. The next add-on i want to make is for "users viewing forum" and basically show the count in the forum description of how many users are viewing that specific forum. Will be another free add-on. Similar to how vbulletin 4 has that feature if you recall seeing it
Oh that's awesome! And there's nothing wrong with getting others to help you, I'm hoping CodeForum will help others. You work together in helping your developments succeed. :)

I actually might interested in the "user viewing forum" add-on, keep me updated on the process!

Oh that's awesome! And there's nothing wrong with getting others to help you, I'm hoping CodeForum will help others. You work together in helping your developments succeed. :)

I actually might interested in the "user viewing forum" add-on, keep me updated on the process!

Sure thing I will. Might get started on it before too long. I'll keep you posted :D

Back
Top Bottom