Need help Unable to create a CSS file

meetdilip

New Coder
Apr 12, 2019
If anyone here is good at SCSS to CSS, can you please help me convert the 2 attached SCSS files into CSS ? I tried Prepros, Koala, command line etc. Nothing works

Attachments

joe

Coder
Aug 21, 2019
Hi @meetdilip

What exactly are you expecting the CSS file to contain? What happens when you try to compile them?
As far as I can see, the SCSS files have no code that would output any CSS. I can only see variable assignments in both files.

Reactions: meetdilip

meetdilip

New Coder
Apr 12, 2019
The file _variables.scss is a part of Bootstrap 5 repo. I want to use the colours from it. I am new to SaSS and I am not sure how to extract the colours. I tried Prepros, Koala and command line. It will either through some error about mixin not found or give blank file 0 KB ( colours.scss ).

In simple words, is there any method to get those sass colour definitions as hex codes ? Thanks.

meetdilip

New Coder
Apr 12, 2019
I somehow fixed it. Don't ask me how. I had to import 2 files from the repo, modify those files by adding mixin values and so on. I worked mostly on the error messages from Prepros. It was very helpful to fix the missing elements.

I am just a beginner with Sass. So I had to figure out a lot of things. I am happy that it worked. :)

Thank you all :)