Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Unable to create a CSS file

meetdilip

Well-Known Coder
If anyone here is good at SCSS to CSS, can you please help me convert the 2 attached SCSS files into CSS ? I tried Prepros, Koala, command line etc. Nothing works

Attachments

• scss to css.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi @meetdilip

What exactly are you expecting the CSS file to contain? What happens when you try to compile them?
As far as I can see, the SCSS files have no code that would output any CSS. I can only see variable assignments in both files.

The file _variables.scss is a part of Bootstrap 5 repo. I want to use the colours from it. I am new to SaSS and I am not sure how to extract the colours. I tried Prepros, Koala and command line. It will either through some error about mixin not found or give blank file 0 KB ( colours.scss ).

In simple words, is there any method to get those sass colour definitions as hex codes ? Thanks.

I somehow fixed it. Don't ask me how. I had to import 2 files from the repo, modify those files by adding mixin values and so on. I worked mostly on the error messages from Prepros. It was very helpful to fix the missing elements.

I am just a beginner with Sass. So I had to figure out a lot of things. I am happy that it worked. :)

Thank you all :)

Back
Top Bottom