Your Right Website
Coder
What are you using for your local dev environment? There's so many choices out there for local dev so curious what everyone prefers.
I like a program called Lando for local development. It runs on top of Docker and lets me spin up local dev sites super fast. Each site gets a .lando.yml file where you specify a recipe and required software. For instance, for my WordPress development I can create a Lando file that has PHP 8.3, Composer, Apache, MySQL as well as Node pre-installed. Best part is all I need installed on my local machine is Lando / Docker and packages like Node, PHP and Composer just live in the container file and I can upgrade or downgrade version numbers just by updating my config file.
I develop on Linux, so it was super easy to install, just one terminal command and everything got installed. On Windows and Mac I think it's a little harder as you have to install Docker Desktop first, but still pretty easy to install.
Curious what everyone else is using for local dev and how it's working out for you. I've used Laravel Valet as well as WAMP in the past but Lando works great for me now.
I like a program called Lando for local development. It runs on top of Docker and lets me spin up local dev sites super fast. Each site gets a .lando.yml file where you specify a recipe and required software. For instance, for my WordPress development I can create a Lando file that has PHP 8.3, Composer, Apache, MySQL as well as Node pre-installed. Best part is all I need installed on my local machine is Lando / Docker and packages like Node, PHP and Composer just live in the container file and I can upgrade or downgrade version numbers just by updating my config file.
I develop on Linux, so it was super easy to install, just one terminal command and everything got installed. On Windows and Mac I think it's a little harder as you have to install Docker Desktop first, but still pretty easy to install.
Curious what everyone else is using for local dev and how it's working out for you. I've used Laravel Valet as well as WAMP in the past but Lando works great for me now.