Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Linux-Distro Are You Using?

D

Dan-Kode

So as the Title says, what Linux-Distro are you using?(E.g. Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora etc.)

I'm not currently running any Distro(I'm currently using Windows at the moment) but I do plan on starting with either Ubuntu or Mint if I do get into Linux.

My bad, but I thought it would be good for readers to find a list to try one and post their experience here.

Now I'm back to GNU/Linux and I'm using Mint this time. I quite like it.

I have 2 laptops that run on Windows 10, both of them run vmware that runs Parrot Security OS, but I do have a boot drive with Linux Mint, and one with Parrot Security OS.

I usually bounce between Linux Mint and Fedora, but I've recently installed SolusOS on my laptop and it's been lovely. I really enjoy tweaking Budgie with its out-of-the-box customization.

I'm currently using PopOS as well, so far so good! :D
I usually bounce between Linux Mint and Fedora, but I've recently installed SolusOS on my laptop and it's been lovely. I really enjoy tweaking Budgie with its out-of-the-box customization.
What made you install SolusOS?

Ubuntu is my favorite, though it's a bit too heavyweight for my taste. I was looking for something liter for a while, but all the liter OS-es had that "unpolished" feeling.

Ubuntu is my favorite, though it's a bit too heavyweight for my taste. I was looking for something liter for a while, but all the liter OS-es had that "unpolished" feeling.
You could try Lubuntu, which is Ubuntu's own lightweight variant. It replaces GNOME with LXQt, which is a lighter and easier to run on slower hardware. I can't speak to its level of polish compared to Ubuntu, however.

I personally like Linux Mint as an alternative to Ubuntu. It's a fork of Ubuntu using the Cinammon desktop (by default) and is quite polished and light. And because its based on Ubuntu it uses the same repos and package manager so it should be familiar.

I've been seeing a lot of people using PopOS lately which is nice to see. I've not tried it myself though if I wanted a more out-of-the-box experience that's totally what I'd go for.

I installed Arch pretty much as soon as I caught wind of DXVK, as gaming was the main thing stopping me from ditching Windows. 2 years on and I've seen no reason to switch.

Manjaro looks interesting. I'd never heard of it. And I like that you can get an XFCE edition (and also KDE.) When I get some spare time this is the distro I'm going to, finger's crossed, have some fun with.

and have done away with Windows altogether ------- 😮

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom