Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Which CSS pre-processor do you prefer? SASS or LESS?

TopSilver

Bronze Coder
As many of you may know Xenforo 2 the forums software uses LESS. SASS is also quite popular however and is a great way to tidy up code, use DRY methods (do not repeat yourself) and to use variables and many other neat functions like mixins and things like that. I find that when I coded the theme on my site it was so easy to mix the colors in because I used color variables. This is one of my favorite features of both SASS and LESS.

I'm new to both SASS and LESS but it's a great way to tidy up your CSS and make it much neater. Which do you prefer and why?

Yeah I've been using LESS on Xenforo 2 which is the software CodeForum runs on. SCSS is a great way to code CSS as well. Both are good alternatives to original CSS and I agree that I usually just like to use ordinary CSS but it can really come in handy for bigger projects and also situations where your using a platform to code. Especially for making themes on platforms. You don't have to repeat yourself and can use variables to switch different colors. Comes in quite handy

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom