Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XenForo

netsavy006

Legendary Coder
I noticed that a lot of forums these days are using the XenForo software.

Just asking out of curiosity, why this software is being picked over others like phpbb, mybb, smf, vbulletin, etc?

I've noticed the same. The reason we're using XenForo is that I believe it's safer and easy for members to learn how to use. I like the feel, easy to customize..

What would be your choice?

If you have the budget for it, then XenForo is a great selection for your forum as it looks good and feels great (both as an administrator and a user). I mean, look at this forum as an example. It looks great and has some great features that you might not be able to do with other software.

I've tried vBulletin, a bit of mybb but don't recall how it was.

I think it has something to do with the timing too.
But also the software is very easy to use but @Ash already said so.

I've been watching the great exodus from vBulletin to Xenforo over the past years and at first I hated Xenforo. It's sterile looking. All forums pretty much look the same no matter where you went...until now. The newest release of Xenforo has me drooling with envy because Christianity Haven, the board I'm Admin on, is run by vBulletin and we haven't updated in a long time. I might becoming a slow convert the more I use forums that have the updated Xenforo because it's very user friendly and has more rational ways of doing things whereas vBulletin drives me crazy at times!

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom