Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Create User Authentication for my Software using MySQL "Serial-Keys"

Zodiac

New Coder
Hey Guys, I made a small Software for a Game and just wanted to know how I can implement an authentication service like an licensing service before the start of an app so that a user needs to authenticate himself everytime the app starts with a key that is stored in a mysql database and if I delete the key from the database he cant use my program anymore... Would be nice if you could help me out.

If you're really serious about licensing your software I would suggest looking at "proper" solutions - to handle the things that other people have already come across in regards to stopping people bypassing any licensing restrictions that a software uses.

A search for "free software licensing solution" turned up https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-best-software-licensing-solution-out-there . Looks like they're all paid.

Another solution would be to possibly use a Google or Microsoft licensing solution ... sounds like from your use case this isn't an option, unless you're developing for mobile.

Another possibility would be to manage users via oauth type service like https://docs.cloudfoundry.org/concepts/architecture/uaa.html . This would seem to require more setup.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom