Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Disable hardware acceleration for Google Chrome - Website Video Background Issues

droid1711

New Coder
I recently noticed that my website which uses a full screen video background with both (.mp4 and .webm) video formats is flashing a green screen when the user clicks away from the homepage on Google Chrome browser only. (Everything works perfectly on Mozilla Firefox and IE edge)

So, If the website visitor from the "homepage" was to click the "about us" menu link a green screen flash occurs before landing on the new page. I was able to determine that by turning off the option in Google Chrome browser "Use hardware acceleration when available" (Settings > Advanced > Use hardware acceleration when available) the issues resolves, however most web visitors will have this option enabled in there Chrome browsers by default.

Is there a way that I could insert some code or custom .css into our Wordpress website that will disable or turn off this feature "Use hardware acceleration when available"?

Hi there.

Welcome to Code Forum.

Not sure why you posted the same post in three different places... however could you please share the URL?

The fix to this issue pertains to either .CSS .PHP or Web Development so we were not sure which category this would fall under. Can you please provide an email address that I can privately send the site URL to. We would like to keep our site URL private. After reviewing the URL that we send to your email we can continue this discussion here on the forum.

When you have a problem that consists more than 1 coding/programming language then use Web Development. If you can just send it through our private message featue by clicking my username and clicking start a conversation.

I don't notice the green flash you mentioned. However, I do see a white-flash when you go to a new page. Not sure what's causing the flash though.. still looking into this.

Edit: can you try adding this to Customizer > Custom > CSS?
CSS:
body {
    background-image: none;
    background-color: transparent;
}

Last edited:

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom