Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fellow Webmasters of CF, what tips do you have for those starting a website/forum?

BorkedSystem32

Silver Coder
Hello there, fellow webmasters of CF.

I've been interested in starting a forum for a while now and I am interested to hear what advice/tips you have for people like myself who starting a website/forum. I have tried running sites before in the past, but they all ended up in the trash as I quickly lost interest in them.

I figured I'd start this thread up as I'm sure there's bound to be tips and advice that can help others who are also interested in starting a website/forum of their own. I welcome all bits of advice relating to SEO, design/UX, hosting, user interest, anything.

All advice is appreciated.

its finding something thats not being done or can be improved. Maybe have a look at the google trends and see what people are searching then pick something that you have passion for and go from there :)

I'm on the verge of releasing a new website, which I intend to start as a wiki running on GitHub. Now I'm just debating whether it would be worth the effort to pursue and grow. Any more tips/advice from those who run/have ran a website before will be greatly appreciated.

Always BACKUP nightly! You might look mfor a program that does that for you and if it isn't to be had write your own.

Don't give up after the first year! I signed up on about 50 forums one time and not even a year later half of them were defunct. Give it time. Find many ways to get the word out or not one will find you.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom