Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EkBass

Bronze Coder
Im a newold hobby programmer. Got first kicks from code lines back at 80's at microcomputer era. After that, more or less programmed all kind of stuff. Mostly complately useless things, but casonly something usefull too.

Due boring work, got degree for software developement back at 2014 but never actually worked as developer. Im still earning my moneys from other business (construction) and not planning to change anymore. But that degree really did open my mind which was prolly a bit stuck at 80's.

In last few year havent coded basicly at all. Maybe a year a go i noticed that Microsoft has released (ages ago) a thing called SmallBasic. I had some fun with it, but nothing serious.
Then i started to test raycasting etc. algorhitms with it, and after couple of months testing i noticed that i have like a 80% finished topdown 2D shooting game in my IDE. Unfortunately Smallbasic was starting to be on its limits there. Also my brains due that compiler does not allow modern style to code.

I still have that code in my hdd and time to time i wonder should i restart that shooter with C# or such.

For fun, i started to code Google Dinosaur game with SB, due i thought thats something SB is capable without causing a brain damage. I noticed you can extend SB with C# and then i thought to use "some" C# to make things easier. Well, SB 2D scroller got done but i got so exited about C# that now im coding the same game with C#. Learning C# while porting from SB. Not bad.

While learning C#, i have noticed that it would be decently easy to port that 2D topdown game too and even get it finished. Unfinished projects just bugs me of.

So now while im porting side scroller, im also preparing myself to finish that shooting game. And i also learned to use github, so not bad.

Anyway, you have better things to do than read my history, so hello all and take care.

Welcome to Code Forum, @EkBass!

You certainly have quite an interesting history and loved that you accomplished so much - if you aren't proud of yourself now, you definitely should be!

If I may, what was the first coding language that you learned?

Hi Malcolm.

Really had to go back in times here. First computer i had was Spectravideo 328 and it had MS-Basic. I did stay with MSX until first PC. Then i think some Pascal variant and QBasic. Buddy of my had Commodore 64 and it had a programming language we just called "machine language" but i dont remember its real name anymore. Bit of like asm.

Hi Malcolm.

Really had to go back in times here. First computer i had was Spectravideo 328 and it had MS-Basic. I did stay with MSX until first PC. Then i think some Pascal variant and QBasic. Buddy of my had Commodore 64 and it had a programming language we just called "machine language" but i dont remember its real name anymore. Bit of like asm.
That's pretty awesome! It's amazing how far we come in terms of computers and programming languages.

If I may ask, what sort of projects have you been working on?

Morning Malcolm.

My biggest personal one is propably Php + HTML5 image gallery, front and backend. It works just like...normal galleries. You can add users, remove, change user details, create galleries and inside them albums... It was my example work to get my degree and teacher sayd something smaller would have been just ok.

After that, i havent programmed basicly anything until just recently.
Some ASCII games might be still availble at the internet but my osBasic interpreter at google code seems to be gone. Well, it wasnt good anyway.

My biggest personal one is propably Php + HTML5 image gallery, front and backend. It works just like...normal galleries. You can add users, remove, change user details, create galleries and inside them albums... It was my example work to get my degree and teacher sayd something smaller would have been just ok.
That's awesome! Would love to see screenshots if you don't mind, I think that's something you should be sharing with everyone! That's a great accomplishment :)

After that, i havent programmed basicly anything until just recently.
Some ASCII games might be still availble at the internet but my osBasic interpreter at google code seems to be gone. Well, it wasnt good anyway.
Ahh, have you considered creating a remastered version in another language?

Back
Top Bottom