Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

CSS hover a Hyperlink and show and element by it's ID possible ?

SpongeBOB

Well-Known Coder
Hi everyone,

How display (for example a <DIV>) when I hover a link <a> by it's #id Selector ?

Because when I look the CSS Combinators

I see only
  • descendant selector (space)
  • child selector (>)
  • adjacent sibling selector (+)
  • general sibling selector (~)

the problem is my DIV is none of those ! it's somewhere else in the page and I want to select it (to make it appear) when I hover another element (link for example) by it's ID !

is it possible ?

Thanks.

Anything is possible. But it's not clear (at least to me) what you want.
I don't see where the <div> comes in. You say it is somewhere else in your page, then why do you need to "make it appear" ?
Forget about (im)possible implementations and let's try to understand the issue. So you have a link in your page and when you hover the mouse over it, what exactly do you want to happen ?
And is it a requirement that you do it with CSS only ? I have a feeling this would need to be implemented in JavaScript, using GetElementById(). Or maybe not... Does this example help ?

Thank you @cbreemer
what exactly do you want to happen ?
When this link is hover by the mouse I would like that a <DIV> that is not descendant nor child appear.

I make it work with javascript, but I rather avoid as much as possible javascript.

So I was wondering if it was possible with CSS ?

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom