Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript How to limit a "popular articles" feature to articles shared within the year?

SarahB

Coder
Hi there!

I am helping a blog website do some updates and tweaks to their site and am stuck on one piece of code. They have a popular articles sidebar on the bottom right that is pulling articles with the highest page view, but all the articles are really out of date. I'm wondering if there is a quick tweak I can add to this code to limit this tab to articles just published in 2020.

https://extendedplay.thecivilians.org/

JavaScript:
 <div class="block-content">
<?php
query_posts('meta_key=read_count&orderby=meta_value_num&order=DESC&posts_per_page=' . PER_PAGE / 3);
if (have_posts()) {
    while (have_posts()) {
        the_post();

echo format_entry('small', get_the_ID());
    }
}
wp_reset_query();
?>
    </div>

Hey there and welcome, try changing this :-

Code:
query_posts('meta_key=read_count&orderby=meta_value_num&order=DESC&posts_per_page=' . PER_PAGE / 3);

tooooo

Code:
query_posts('meta_key=read_count&orderby=meta_value_num&order=ASC&posts_per_page=' . PER_PAGE / 3);

Hey there and welcome, try changing this :-

Code:

tooooo

Code:
query_posts('meta_key=read_count&orderby=meta_value_num&order=ASC&posts_per_page=' . PER_PAGE / 3);
This worked! Thank you!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom