Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

C++ Is C++ A Good Language?

D

Deleted member 205

Hey there.

So, I'm a person who has a small amount of experience with C[I'm decent at], Java[Meh.] and Python[I'm not good with but I plan to start getting good at along with C and Java]. But, I have been considering whether if I should learn C++ or not.

I've read a lot about C++ and it's a Language used for a lot of things. Mainly for Software. But, when reading about it on Wikipedia and Quora, it seems to be quite criticized. The Language is criticized for being complex, bloated and how it can get messy. Speaking of messy, I've looked at some examples online and unless it's a simple Program, I've even heard that the code can get messy. Which makes sense seeing as it's bloated and complex.

So, is it worth learning or should I just stick to C, Java and Python?

Hey there.

So, I'm a person who has a small amount of experience with C[I'm decent at], Java[Meh.] and Python[I'm not good with but I plan to start getting good at along with C and Java]. But, I have been considering whether if I should learn C++ or not.

I've read a lot about C++ and it's a Language used for a lot of things. Mainly for Software. But, when reading about it on Wikipedia and Quora, it seems to be quite criticized. The Language is criticized for being complex, bloated and how it can get messy. Speaking of messy, I've looked at some examples online and unless it's a simple Program, I've even heard that the code can get messy. Which makes sense seeing as it's bloated and complex.

So, is it worth learning or should I just stick to C, Java and Python?

Hi Dan-Kode!!

I am not able to write anything in C++ but I think its a general rule... it depends on what you want to code... i have no example for what is written in c++ but for shure there are some things you only can write or write better with c++, but i dont think there is too much you can do with it. I personally am a big fan of java... you can use it for a lot of things and its a very nice language. So i would absolutely learn java! You do almost everything with it and its very basic... so hope I could help you :) (i tried hard :laugh:)

- LenniCodes

I am not able to write anything in C++
That's completely fine. Not everyone can increment C in a loop(Bad Programmer joke in case you're wondering what I said).
it depends on what you want to code
As to this, it's mainly Software and AI that I want to make.
I personally am a big fan of java
I'm also a fan of Java.
you can use it for a lot of things
Yeah, you can use Java for a lot of things but not everything. C is better for Operating-Systems, C++ is better for Software, Python is better for AI and Data-Science, you get the idea.
and its a very nice language
Some people would criticize you for saying that. I do find Java a nice Language to work with too but for others, it's a completely different story.
So i would absolutely learn java
Java is a Language that I plan to continue learning. Right now, I'm currently focusing on C. Then I'll either focus on Java or Python next and by then, I will have decided whether to learn C++ or not.

That's completely fine. Not everyone can increment C in a loop(Bad Programmer joke in case you're wondering what I said).

As to this, it's mainly Software and AI that I want to make.

I'm also a fan of Java.

Yeah, you can use Java for a lot of things but not everything. C is better for Operating-Systems, C++ is better for Software, Python is better for AI and Data-Science, you get the idea.

Some people would criticize you for saying that. I do find Java a nice Language to work with too but for others, it's a completely different story.

Java is a Language that I plan to continue learning. Right now, I'm currently focusing on C. Then I'll either focus on Java or Python next and by then, I will have decided whether to learn C++ or not.

Well... okay.. :laugh: then just go for it

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom