Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

CavTG

New Coder
This might seem like a weird question, and I don't even know if I am reaching out through the right medium but Reddit always seems to be the way (this is the way). I want to preface this by saying that I have extremely little to no experience with coding. I have an idea that I think could benefit my business and many others, and all I would like to ask is how to get started or maybe some pointers in the right direction.

What I would like to create is a bot or tool that can search for keywords in different groups on Facebook, for example, If someone posts in "New Businesses" group on Facebook that they would like to get help with creating a website, I would get a notification on my phone or on my computer that someone said "keyword x" in "group x".

Is this even possible, and if so, why has it not been done before? Thank you for reading this, and please, if this is the wrong group to ask about something like this, please direct me to another appropriate group.

Best regards

Hey CavTG and welcome you have come to the right place :D

So lets start by saying, yes this is possible and yes people are already doing it. I would start by learning Python. Then within python learn Selenium. Selenium will allow you to mimic you. So you could simply say.

Load Facebook
Login to Facebook
Load Group
Does group contain text YES/NO
Yes then email or text, No Move on.

I know its possible as i have done something similar but mine posted to Facebook groups. It is simple to do and trust me when you start with python you will be amazed at all you can do but as always we are here to help you on your path :D

Hey CavTG and welcome you have come to the right place :D

So lets start by saying, yes this is possible and yes people are already doing it. I would start by learning Python. Then within python learn Selenium. Selenium will allow you to mimic you. So you could simply say.

Load Facebook
Login to Facebook
Load Group
Does group contain text YES/NO
Yes then email or text, No Move on.

I know its possible as i have done something similar but mine posted to Facebook groups. It is simple to do and trust me when you start with python you will be amazed at all you can do but as always we are here to help you on your path :D
That sounds absolutely amazing, I've read a bit about Python (since a part of my business heavily rely on Facebook) in the past and I would love to get started with it. The only thing that worries me is Facebook detecting that I am running software that maybe isn't supposed to run on their website, and therefore getting IP banned which would ruin alot since a part of my business heavily rely on Facebook.

Although I am determined to figure it out and code it myself as I think that I would really enjoy the process of it. So yeah! Help would be really appreciated as I have no clue where to start, since I also have zero experience whatsoever with coding (did a bit of Kali Linux in my younger years but nothing besides that).

Best regards!

Once you do a bit of python you will move over to Linux :D I do so much programming in python i just moved to Ubuntu with no issues it just works so much better :D

Okay so this is where you need to be smart. As long as your not spamming or taking us massive amount of resources Facebook wont care, but try to randomize what you do. Don't just log into Facebook, load 100 pages then bugger off lol. Randomize the time that you spend on each page, maybe like a few but a different amount each time. Try not to log on 24/7 but instead maybe do an hour here and there. Its all about mimicking you and making it harder for them to go BOT. Honestly though when you start this project you will then start to notice all the botters out there, there is loads lol

Once you do a bit of python you will move over to Linux :D I do so much programming in python i just moved to Ubuntu with no issues it just works so much better :D

Okay so this is where you need to be smart. As long as your not spamming or taking us massive amount of resources Facebook wont care, but try to randomize what you do. Don't just log into Facebook, load 100 pages then bugger off lol. Randomize the time that you spend on each page, maybe like a few but a different amount each time. Try not to log on 24/7 but instead maybe do an hour here and there. Its all about mimicking you and making it harder for them to go BOT. Honestly though when you start this project you will then start to notice all the botters out there, there is loads lol
So what I am getting from this is that I need to make a Python script that mimics my own behavior? Like browsing behavior I mean. Idk if it's possible to like send the post to my computer or email so that I can check them out like in the evening or something without actually having to scroll the layer of hell that is Facebook.

Best regards

So what I am getting from this is that I need to make a Python script that mimics my own behavior? Like browsing behavior I mean. Idk if it's possible to like send the post to my computer or email so that I can check them out like in the evening or something without actually having to scroll the layer of hell that is Facebook.

Best regards
Sorry for the late reply, ive been snowed under.

Yeah basically, i mean what your talking about now is a database. So every like, every post has a ID, something that verifys what it is. What you will need to do is have your system store that data and then when you check it mark what you want to like or post and then tell the system to use what its found and do as you tell it if that makes sense.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom