Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me New changes!

Hello Coders!

I come bearing new gifts!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day today, and learning lots! Firstly, just want to apologize for my absence lately. My work schedule is getting busier and working tires me out but that's no excuse for me abandoning my fellow coders. So I'm going to push myself much more to try and improve your experience at Code Forum. And with that, I'm hoping I'll be able to do this by using the community to help myself better to improve my skills in hopes that it may encourage you guys to do the same!

With improving your experience at CF, I've made a couple of changes that I believe will help Code Forum stand out. I have changed one of our forum names from introductions to "Hello World"; as I felt like it would be unique on a coding forum.

Also, we now have new awardable badges! I have recently come across a new add-on on XenForo by CMTV that would give me the ability to award badges to individuals; particularly ones who contribute to our community with tutoring other members and or have a great deal of experience in particular languages. You can view the current badge's here: https://codeforum.org/help/badges/ and think this could work as a solution for this post: https://codeforum.org/threads/user-ranks.375/.

You can now find that the smilies bar is located at the bottom of the text editor to make it much easier to insert smiles into your threads. :)

Once again, I do apologize for the lack of activity. I will be going through the hub and making sure there are no missed introductions, suggestions or help questions to ensure that you are all being heard. I have been working on a new article called 'Coding VS Programming' which I'm explaining the difference's between them, and think many of us will find useful.

Thank you for reading! And Happy Coding! :coffee::alien:

I come bearing new gifts!
[Proceeds to show a random Santa Gif, even though it's September.]
[Seems legit.]

I have changed one of our forum names from introductions to "Hello World"
nice.

Also, we now have new awardable badges! I have recently come across a new add-on on XenForo by CMTV that would give me the ability to award badges to individuals; particularly ones who contribute to our community with tutoring other members and or have a great deal of experience in particular languages.
Good Coder Mode, Activate.

Overall, small changes but at least it's nice to have changes every once in a while.

Oh yeah. For next September, maybe include a Gif from the Song: "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire. It will fit in more because, well. It's September, @Malcolm.

[Proceeds to show a random Santa Gif, even though it's September.]
[Seems legit.]
Pssft who says you can't have Santa gifs in September... :D
Oh yeah. For next September, maybe include a Gif from the Song: "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire. It will fit in more because, well. It's September, @Malcolm.
Noted!

bruh, you never heard of @Dan-Kode before? He's a Programmer who has a decent amount of Experience with HTML and CSS. And has a bit of Experience with C and Java. But yet, he hates Python.

He's also a legendary CF Programmer and he loves Reddit so you'll find him there a lot.

Also, we now have new awardable badges!
I've noticed a lack of Badges for a few other Languages.

Here they are:
  • C
  • C++
  • Lua
Those were really the only ones I noticed that were missing.

As for other Badges for things like, Software. I haven't really noticed any missing ones.

I can't wait to see what other Badges will be made available.

I've noticed a lack of Badges for a few other Languages.

Here they are:
  • C
  • C++
  • Lua
Those were really the only ones I noticed that were missing.

As for other Badges for things like, Software. I haven't really noticed any missing ones.

I can't wait to see what other Badges will be made available.
The reason C,C++ and Lua haven't been added is due to Font-Awesome not having those icons. But I'm working on a fix for that.

The reason C,C++ and Lua haven't been added is due to Font-Awesome not having those icons. But I'm working on a fix for that.
Actually in fact...Do you need to use Font-Awesome for the Icons or can you use other Sources for Icons.

Lua and C++ have official Icons:
ISO C++ Logo.svg

Lua-logo-nolabel.svg

And for C, I've found two completely different Logos. The one from the K&R Book and a Vector-Logo:
Text in light blue serif capital letters on white background and very large light blue sans-serif letter C.
c-programming-language-logo-9B32D017B1-seeklogo.com.png

Also noticed that the C# Logo isn't the official one so here's that if you need it:
C Sharp wordmark.svg

But yeah, again, do you really need to use Font-Awesome or can you use other Image-Links?

Actually in fact...Do you need to use Font-Awesome for the Icons or can you use other Sources for Icons.

Lua and C++ have official Icons:
ISO C++ Logo.svg

Lua-logo-nolabel.svg

And for C, I've found two completely different Logos. The one from the K&R Book and a Vector-Logo:
Text in light blue serif capital letters on white background and very large light blue sans-serif letter C.
c-programming-language-logo-9B32D017B1-seeklogo.com.png

Also noticed that the C# Logo isn't the official one so here's that if you need it:
C Sharp wordmark.svg

But yeah, again, do you really need to use Font-Awesome or can you use other Image-Links?
Thanks for the share, problem is the consistency. You don’t want different styles or it’ll look unprofessional

Thanks for the share, problem is the consistency. You don’t want different styles or it’ll look unprofessional
True. I mean, you could just modify the Colours and sizes though. But as for the Styles, every Programming-Language has a different Logo-Style. The C++ Logo is a Hexagon with 'C++' in it, Lua is a circle with dashes around it and the Name in the middle and JavaScript is a rounded-square with 'JS' in the middle. Yeah, all of the Styles will conflict but all of the Badges that are currently available, use different Styles so I don't see how this is a problem.

Unless there's something I'm not getting here.

True. I mean, you could just modify the Colours and sizes though. But as for the Styles, every Programming-Language has a different Logo-Style. The C++ Logo is a Hexagon with 'C++' in it, Lua is a circle with dashes around it and the Name in the middle and JavaScript is a rounded-square with 'JS' in the middle. Yeah, all of the Styles will conflict but all of the Badges that are currently available, use different Styles so I don't see how this is a problem.

Unless there's something I'm not getting here.
Well it’s also copyright reasons..

Oh, never thought of that.

But I mean, the Logos are essentially used everywhere and are all available for use. I even found a Terms of Use for the C++ Logo: https://isocpp.org/home/terms-of-use

But yeah, maybe look up the Logos for each Language first and see their Terms of Use.
I’ll check that website out it seems to have a lot of good information. Thanks for the share!

No problem. From what I checked on that Page, it does have Info on the C++ Logo usage. So, maybe check that out if you do plan on using the official Logo.

But for other Logos such as the one for Lua, I'm not necessarily sure about but have a browse around on the WWW and see what you can find.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom