Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oxygen/Oxygen Software

D

Deleted member 205

Hey everyone.

As of today(And after a day of working on it), I have created an Organization on GitHub. It's called: Oxygen(But it can also be referred to as Oxygen Software).

Oxygen is a decentralized Group/Organization on the Internet that creates FOSS Software. Think of GNU. Oxygen has extremely strict Goals on what it wants to achieve and what it wants to do. I've created Manifestos for Oxygen itself, a FOSS License and a Coding-Style that Oxygen uses.

For things like Programming-Languages, Oxygen's primary Languages are C, Java and PHP. But, I will allow other Languages to be used in any of the Projects(Provided it's not a Language with Syntax that disgusts me[*Cough*, C++, *Cough*, Haskell *Cough(x2)*, Python, *Cough(x100)*]). As for the Software that Oxygen makes, we focus on Utility Software, Educational Software and Web-Software(WebWareBox, anyone?). We will put our attention to other types of Software but those are the types that we primarily focus on.

As for the Manifestos, I'll try and find a way to upload them. I'm pretty sure CF doesn't accept PDF Files. Either that, or I quickly create the Oxygen Website which will host these Manifestos.

Oxygen does also accept Ideas for Software but before I do accept Ideas for Software, I need to make a process. Oxygen will also host your Project for a short amount of time but I've yet to figure that one out too. If you also run your own FOSS Organization and would like to Affiliate with Oxygen, you may PM me about your Organization, what it creates, it's Goals, you get the Idea.

Again, I'll try and get those Manifestos uploaded somewhere so you can learn more about Oxygen.
Update: Managed to get the PDFs uploaded. Turns out that CF does support them. You may download the PDFs if you want to learn more about Oxygen.

Oxygen's GitHub Page is here: https://www.github.com/Oxygen-Software

Attachments

• Oxygen - Emerald Coding-Style.pdf
    38.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Oxygen-License Manifesto.pdf
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Oxygen Manifesto.pdf
    65.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! I look forward to seeing the progress with Oxygen and what it produces!
Thank you. I will be making a decent amount of progress on the Organization this week and the coming weeks.

For Projects, I have started Prototyping a Website but I'm not sure if I want to create it from scratch or base it on the defunct, WebWareBox.

It should, but I'll look into this. Can you post a thread in Community Hub so that I can investigate further?
I'll do it later. Currently busy with other stuff at the moment. As I said, I don't believe CF does accept PDF. This is because the WebWareBox Guide Document Drafts I made had to be sent via Email instead.

Can you post a thread in Community Hub so that I can investigate further?
I've done this now instead of putting it till later. Check the Thread in the Community Hub.

For Projects, I have started Prototyping a Website
Just figured that I should also mention that the Oxygen Website is Open-Source. So, you can Contribute to improving the experience on the Site.

It'll be the first Repository of Oxygen. But, all Changes will be reviewed before being pushed to the actual Site.

I've uploaded the Manifestos to the Original-Post. Turns out that CF does support them and I was thinking they weren't being uploaded for some reason.

You may read, download and share the PDFs.
If you do share the PDFs anywhere online(Twitter, Reddit, Facebook), please do provide a brief explanation of what Oxygen is just so people know what they're about to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't focus on the Logo. I would suggest focusing on what I've said in the Post.

I have also uploaded the Manifestos for viewing so if you'd like to learn more about Oxygen, you may view the Manifestos to learn more(Or you can wait for the Website to be created).

Sounds pretty cool Dan! I am excited to see how this progresses.
I especially like how organized you have made it, especially in regards to goals and adhering to the rules. That will help this organization grow exponentially with less mismanagement than other groups that start with vague goals or none at all.

Sounds pretty cool Dan! I am excited to see how this progresses.
I'm happy to hear that your interested in the Progression of Oxygen.
I especially like how organized you have made it, especially in regards to goals and adhering to the rules.
I'm gonna be honest here, I think Oxygen/Oxygen-Software is the first thing that I have created to be extremely organized and have Goals and Rules/Standards. I do hope that the Goals can be achieved and that most of the Members can adhere to the Rules/Standards of the Organization.
That will help this organization grow exponentially
It should hopefully. But, I will have to start Promoting it somewhere but seeing as I don't use Social Media and refuse to use it, it will be quite hard unless I rely on others to Promote it. But, I would be happy for people to start joining soon.
with less mismanagement than other groups that start with vague goals or none at all.
Yeah, for the Organization itself, I doubt there will be any Mis-Management. But, as stated in the Manifesto, when a new Project is created, a Lead-Maintainer(s) and Co-Maintainer(s) will be assigned to that Project. Those people will be responsible for all Development of the Project and responsible for Managing all of it(Promotion, Issues, how people Contribute to it etc.)

I am not the Leader for every new Project created. And if Oxygen grows and there are soon 10+ Projects, there is no way I would have the ability to manage that many Projects. As for Mis-Management anyway, I will try to sort out Mis-Management. If it cannot be dealt with, a new Lead-Maintainer and Co-Maintainer will be assigned to that Project that was suffering from Mis-Management.

As for Mis-Management with Oxygen itself, you mention how some Groups start with 'Vague Goals'. If a Group has Vague Goals or none at all, then there is obviously a problem in the Founder's hands. I think the Goals that I have established for Oxygen are Goals that can be achieved, provided that we focus on them and we put effort into achieving those Goals.

Hey everyone.

Last night(After another 1 day of Development just like the Manifestos), I have launched the Oxygen/Oxygen-Software Website. This Website contains a Directory of Oxygen's Projects, Info about Oxygen and Resources(Such as the Manifestos created when establishing Oxygen).

This Website is completely Open-Source, so you can Contribute to it and help improve things such as the CSS or the HTML Layout.

The Website can be found at: https://oxygen-software.github.io
The Website's Repository can be found at: https://www.github.com/Oxygen-Software/oxygen-software.github.io

Oxygen does also accept Ideas for Software but before I do accept Ideas for Software, I need to make a process. Oxygen will also host your Project for a short amount of time but I've yet to figure that one out too.
In regards to this, I've finally created the Manifesto for this.

The PDF for it is provided in this Reply. I would love to hear your Feedback on the Process I've spoke about for both accepting Ideas for Software and hosting other's Projects in this PDF.

As with the other PDFs, you may view, download and share this PDF anywhere.

a FOSS License
In regards to the FOSS License, I plan to start working on it tomorrow. Everything in this License will be based on the License Manifesto that I wrote.

I have launched the Oxygen/Oxygen-Software Website
As of today, I have also assigned the Project on OpenHub.

This OpenHub version of the Repository is used for tracking Development and Statistics of the Site. Every Repository by Oxygen will in fact, have an OpenHub Link for it.

The OpenHub for the Website is here: https://openhub.net/p/oxygen-website

Attachments

• Oxygen - Outside Projects And Project Ideas.pdf
    35.1 KB · Views: 1
Looks like a great idea to me :)
Wish you all the best with it!

I'd also like to contribute, if I can, especially with the website.

Looks like a great idea to me :)
Wish you all the best with it!
Thank you for the kind words. I'm quite proud with what I've got so far and I'm confident that Oxygen will succeed.
I'd also like to contribute, if I can, especially with the website.
Well, the Website is Open-Source so you're free to Contribute to it at anytime.

In regards to the FOSS License, I plan to start working on it tomorrow. Everything in this License will be based on the License Manifesto that I wrote.
I have started working on the License as of Posting. Shouldn't be too long before it's ready. When the License is released, the Website will be updated to include the Documents for the License and the Website will be the first Project to have this License.

Hey everyone.

As of today, I am now proud to announce that the Oxygen-Software-Public-License Version 1.0.0(19/09/2019) is now available and ready for use in your Projects.

The License is quite similar to other Licenses such as Apache and the GPL but with some differences(And one difference that stands out from all Licenses). I suggest giving it a read and would like your Feedback on the License for anything that may need to be improved or fixed on it. I will be updating and releasing updated Versions of the License from time-to-time so keep an eye out.

The License is included within this Reply. I will be adding a new Page to the Website that is dedicated to the License soon too so keep an eye out on the Website for that page.

The License is a .txt File but it can easily be converted to any other Format such as .pdf.

Again, I'm looking for Feedback on the License so that it can be improved.

Hmmmm.....

So apparently, Oxygen is now working on it's first every Project...That is a Fork of a now defunct Project......

Hmmmm......

Screenshot at 2019-09-20 22-53-28.png

Attachments

• OSPL.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 1
No offense but it looks blank.
Weboogle, I completely disagree. What looks blank to you?
Oxygen already has multiple documents that are very detailed and informative. This is how a project starts. I encourage you to read their manifesto and rules to get a better idea of what is to come... there's nothing blank about the progress they have made so far.

Oxygen already has multiple documents that are very detailed and informative.
I encourage you to read their manifesto and rules to get a better idea of what is to come.
Thank you for mentioning the Manifestos that I've written, @Ghost. I probably wouldn't have mentioned them and would have gone into another tantrum. But yeah, @Weboogle, if you haven't, please do read the Manifestos. You'll get a better Idea of the Development-Process, how things work and you'll also learn about a bunch of other things such as the License.
there's nothing blank about the progress they have made so far.
It's true. Ever since the inception of Oxygen about 5 days ago, I have continuously worked on Manifestos, Documents, the Website and have also began pouring a lot of resources into our first Project.

I know what I'm doing with Oxygen and since I know what I'm doing thanks to the Manifestos that I have written, it enables Oxygen to move fast and get a lot of work done. Even if it is just it's first week, Oxygen has moved quite fast so far.

And again, if you haven't, do read the Manifestos. They are available as PDFs on the Website(https://oxygen-software.github.io) and in the original Post of this Thread.

Now if it's the Project that I teased, believe me now when I say this. There has been a bit more work done on it so far. Here's an extract from the Oxygen Manifesto(Manifesto 1 as it's also referred to on the Site):
PROTOTYPING-PHASE
------------------------------------
The Prototyping-Phase is when the Lead-Maintainer(s) and Co-Maintainer(s) officially start Development on the Project. First, the Tools, Libraries and APIs(Application-Programming-Interfaces) will be implemented into the Program.
After the implementations, the Lead-Maintainer(s) and Co-Maintainer(s) will begin working on the Core-Functionality of the Program. They’ll work on Menus, the Program’s Window(s), parts of the UI and the Program’s Features. While working on these things, they’ll also be playing around and tinkering with parts of the Program to see what they can come up with. They’ll also determine what to keep and what not to keep.
The new Project that has been initiated is a Fork of the now defunct WebWareBox Project. But instead of being based on the old Code in the original, it's a fresh start that has been started for it. I have a completely different vision of how I want it to look like.

But as for that extract, the Project is in, what I consider. it's Prototyping-Phase as defined by the Manifesto. The Project is too early to be considered into the Early-Development Phase, not to mention how incomplete everything is. Which is why it's classified as a Prototype. I will be releasing a few more teasers soon so you can see how things are going. But believe me, it's completely different from that first teaser that I shared.

Hmmmm.....

So apparently, Oxygen is now working on it's first every Project...That is a Fork of a now defunct Project......

Hmmmm......

Screenshot at 2019-09-20 22-53-28.png
Hmmmmm..........

So, here's the same thing....But with a lot of changes done to it:
Screenshot at 2019-09-21 17-25-26.png

Hmmmmm..........

So, here's the same thing....But with a lot of changes done to it:
View attachment 210
The new Project that has been initiated is a Fork of the now defunct WebWareBox Project. But instead of being based on the old Code in the original, it's a fresh start that has been started for it. I have a completely different vision of how I want it to look like.
Yeah, unfortunately, due to Issues with the Git VCS, I have had to scrap this Project entirely. I don't have plans to attempt it again. Nor' do I have plans to attempt something like it again. As stated, there were Issues with Git that caused the demise of this new Project. It had something to do with the Branches and Git not registering my Commits. As a result, it caused anger and stress.

If you were interested in working on Oxygen's first Project, then I'm sorry but you can't anymore. But, it shouldn't be too long until there is a new Project for you to start helping with.

Can you please specify what you're referring to?

Is it Oxygen or the now-scrapped Project that's blank?

Hey everyone.

If you visited the Oxygen Website last night, you may have noticed that there was a huge, major Overhaul to it. I would like to thank @joe for the impressive amount of work he had done on this Re-Design. And the Site has only been up for about 2 weeks now and it already got it's first Major-Update. So, the Site is now 2.0.0 now : ]

Again, another big thanks to @joe for the work done on it. I'd also like to welcome @joe to both Oxygen and the world of FOSS(As the Oxygen Website was his first Contribution to any FOSS Project).

Oxygen will continue to expand and I should soon, have the first few sparks on a new Project.

Note: If you have any Ideas, then feel free to submit your Ideas to me via PM.

Your Ideas must be:

• Small/Medium-Sized(Large Projects will be accepted but the chance of them being accepted at the moment is unknown).
  • Must be achievable(E.g. Trying to take on Facebook or any other Social-Media is not Achievable).
  • Must be a Utility-Software, Educational Software, or Web-Software(Other types of Software will be accepted but I'd prefer for the ones listed to be submitted).

Like I said before, it’s blank. No progress made.
Weboogle, I think you are looking at this the wrong way.
You are looking for specific projects, but Dan clearly mentioned how Oxygen is more than just a single software. He has released a lot of information and content online, on Git, and on CF about this project.

Are you trolling, or do you honestly think that his hard work has amounted to nothing? If you do feel that way, you should clarify what you mean and why instead of just repeating the same statement.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom