Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oxygen/Oxygen Software

Not trolling, just voicing out my opinion that's all.
Well, that's fair enough if that is how you truly feel. I am not going to stop you from sharing your opinions :)
I do still wish you would give us some more information about WHY you think that. Giving valuable feedback can help Dan improve his project,but just saying "it's empty" doesn't really help anyone. Even this thread has documents related to the project, pretty much proving that it's not empty. You are free to disagree, but you are basically looking at a non-empty bucket and then saying, "hey, look at this empty bucket." It just doesn't make much sense to me, but that's ok. Thanks for clarifying that you are not trolling though. I was not sure, and would love to hear why you think it's empty because I am still a little unsure if you are trolling.

Not trolling, just voicing out my opinion that's all.
Well, okay. We've got clarification that he's not Trolling. Good.
but Dan clearly mentioned how Oxygen is more than just a single software.
Correction: Oyxgen is an Decentralized-Organization/Group on the Internet that makes FOSS Software. Every Software made by Oxygen is owned by Oxygen and any Forks of Oxygen's Software belongs to the person who Forked that Project.
He has released a lot of information and content online, on Git, and on CF about this project.
Pretty much all of the Info that I've released has been here on CF. I haven't spread it anywhere else on another Site like Reddit as of Posting. I hope to do it soon though. But yeah, there has been a lot of Info about Oxygen released so far. I've released the Manifestos that were written upon establishment of the Decentralized-Group and the first Manifesto(The Oxygen Manifesto), pretty much tells you everything there is to know, alongside other Manifestos that explain things like the License. As time goes on, more Manifestos and Information will be written by myself. In fact, I've got an idea in my head for Oxygen and I plan to have a Manifesto about it soon. I also plan to update the Coding-Style Manifesto.
do you honestly think that his hard work has amounted to nothing?
I would honestly be disappointed with myself if all of the work poured into Oxygen amounted to nothing. But, that hasn't been the case yet and I doubt it will be. Oxygen seems to be going pretty well so far and I hope it stays that way for the future ahead.
I do still wish you would give us some more information about WHY you think that. Giving valuable feedback can help Dan improve his project,but just saying "it's empty" doesn't really help anyone.
I asked him about this and I haven't got a single response. As @Ghost said, if you give me Feedback on something, it can help me improve it. Even some well deserved Criticism can help me improve Oxygen and what goes on in it.
and would love to hear why you think it's empty
I would also love to hear what he's referring to that's 'Empty'. But, I am assuming that he's referring to the lack of Ongoing-Projects right now. Yes, there are no Projects just now but I should have one soon. I do also accept Ideas for Projects(So, if you have any Ideas, just PM me with them).

I am still a little unsure if you are trolling.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm not even sure if he's Trolling or not. But we can only work from what he says.

Try to make Oxygen more like Yahoo, yes, it’s a thing again. New logo looks good.

Try to make Oxygen more like Yahoo, yes, it’s a thing again. New logo looks good.
Oxygen does not have the same Idea, Vision or Development as Yahoo!

Oxygen is a Decentralized FOSS Group/Organization on the internet. Not a Company that makes a Search-Engine, Q&A Site, News, Stock and Finance Websites and doesn't have a Headquarters. Oxygen makes Software for Desktops and Web-Software that can be used on somebody's Website. We don't make Internet-Services.

I in no way, plan for Oxygen to be something like Google, Microsoft, Yahoo! or Amazon. It did not get any inspiration from those Companies. Instead, it was rather inspired by the Free-Software Foundation and the GNU Project. That's what inspired me to make Oxygen.

I'm not sure where you got that idea from but I'm telling you now. It's stupid.

Hey everyone.

As you may know, I had started a new Project based on my old Project, WebWareBox. Unfortunately, due to Issues with Git(Our Version-Control-System), I had to stop cause it was causing stress to myself. But, I have regained my energy and I have decided to give it another shot. I'm in the process of setting everything up again. Then, I'll move onto the Prototype-Phase.

If anyone would like the Roles of either Lead-Maintainer or Co-Maintainer, please PM me with your past work, experience, skills and what other FOSS Projects you have worked on or Contributed to.

This type of reply is unwanted and unwelcomed here at CF. The member in question has been warned for their post and will be monitored closely.
Do not work with Dan-Kode.

Why should nobody work with me? Is it because I'm rude to you? If so, then just because somebody does something to you, doesn't mean anybody else should be stopped from working with that person.

Hey everyone.

In the Original Manifesto for Oxygen, at the end of the Document, there was something that mentioned "Standards for Members". These Standards were about how Members should be, how they should work together, you get the idea.

Well, as of today, I've further expanded upon it all by releasing a completely separate Document. This Document goes into great detail about every aspect of the expected Standards of a Member. Alongside the Standards in the Original Manifesto, I have also added a couple of new ones in. As with everything else, everything in the Standards is quite strict and will be acted upon.

Here's the PDF File for it:

Attachments

• standards.pdf
    59.9 KB · Views: 2
Hey everyone.

Just as a small, minor change, I have decided to update the Logo for Oxygen/Oxygen-Software. The reason for doing this is because the old one looked a bit outdated so I figured, why not make it look a tiny bit more modern?

Here is the new Logo:
logo_icon.png
logo.png

Unlike the old Logo, this one:
  • Has a darker Blue to it.
  • More subtle Gradients.
  • Has a clear, visible Gloss-Effect.
  • Uses a different Font(The Font was originally the Ubuntu Font).
  • The outer ring is less thick and more thinner.
I hope you like the new changes done to the Logo. I will be updating the Site soon to add in the new Logo. If you want to refer to Oxygen using the Logo, please use the Logos provided above.

Anyways, as for Oxygen's first Project, it's going great so far. I did have Issues with Git and the Branches again but luckily, got them fixed. I will be providing more News on the Project soon as to what it is and what's going to happen with it. I should also mention that I'm still looking for a Lead-Maintainer who is responsible enough to take such a Role. Please PM me if you are interested in the Position of Lead-Maintainer.

Thanks.

Hey everyone.

Just as a small, minor change, I have decided to update the Logo for Oxygen/Oxygen-Software. The reason for doing this is because the old one looked a bit outdated so I figured, why not make it look a tiny bit more modern?

Here is the new Logo:
View attachment 220
View attachment 221

Unlike the old Logo, this one:
  • Has a darker Blue to it.
  • More subtle Gradients.
  • Has a clear, visible Gloss-Effect.
  • Uses a different Font(The Font was originally the Ubuntu Font).
  • The outer ring is less thick and more thinner.
I hope you like the new changes done to the Logo. I will be updating the Site soon to add in the new Logo. If you want to refer to Oxygen using the Logo, please use the Logos provided above.

Anyways, as for Oxygen's first Project, it's going great so far. I did have Issues with Git and the Branches again but luckily, got them fixed. I will be providing more News on the Project soon as to what it is and what's going to happen with it. I should also mention that I'm still looking for a Lead-Maintainer who is responsible enough to take such a Role. Please PM me if you are interested in the Position of Lead-Maintainer.

Thanks.
Perhaps having a look at Freelancer.com to have a graphic designer making you a logo!

I could. I haven't thought about doing so.

But the thing is, Oxygen is still a new thing and is pretty muck in the shadows, underground in a sewer. Nobody knows about it except for people from here on CF(And more recently, some people I was talking to via a Group-Chat).

If I hired a Freelancer, I would do so, only when Oxygen has been around for sometime, has a few Projects ongoing and is a tiny bit more known to FOSS. By then, I may hire a Freelancer.

Besides, I actually think the new Logo looks decent and it could serve well overtime. Yes, the shine/gloss makes it look a bit outdated but that can easily be removed.

Overtime, Oxygen will continue to create new Projects.

But right now, we need to work slow and steady and not try to grow too fast. Because if we grow too fast, it can cause stress, burnout and just too much to manage.

I am in the process of launching a second Project alongside our first Project. So, people then have 2 Projects to Contribute to(Technically 3 because of the Website).

I'll be releasing more info on both Projects soon.

Hey everyone.

Tomorrow is the day that I will be releasing more Info on Oxygen's first two Projects. Both Projects will be covered in great detail and I'll be providing as much Information as I can with them.

You'll learn the following things about the Projects:
  • The Names
  • What the Projects are about.
  • The Goals of the Projects.
  • What Programming-Languages are being used to Develop the Software.
  • When to expect the first Release(Or first Beta-Test Release).
  • Who will be leading both Projects.
  • How to Contribute to these Projects.
That's all you'll learn about them. I may also throw in some additional Information that hasn't been listed above.

So stay tuned!

Hey everyone.

Today is the big day. And that big day is today in which I'll be unleashing some Information on Oxygen's new Projects. Two new Projects to be exact. As stated in a Post I made yesterday, you'll learn a lot about these pieces of Software. What they do, their purpose, when to expect the Release, you get the idea. And as stated, I may also throw in some additional Information.

So without further-ado, let's get into it.

WebBox
WebBox is Oxygen's first ever Project. It's a piece of Web-Software that can be installed onto a Website and will grant the Site's Users the ability to upload Files, Programs, Music etc.

WebBox isn't actually original. It is based on an older Project that I started called 'WebWareBox'. Unfortunately, WebWareBox is now defunct so it's no longer In-Development as I had lost interest in it. But, since the creation of Oxygen, I felt like it could be brought back and so I decided to Fork the WebWareBox Project.
Seeing as this is a Fork, you'll probably expect some Tweaks here and there from the original. Nope. I had decided to instead, re-write the entire Software from scratch. Doing so gives the ability to experiment with a completely new Design and Layout with the Software and possibly Develop some cooler stuff with it in the future. Re-Writing also saves time having to untangle the old Code, saves time having to Format it to stay in place with Oxygen's Coding-Style and gives us the chance to have better organized, Directories

As stated, WebBox is a piece of Software that can be installed onto a Website. When it's installed, the Users of the Site are able to Upload and Share Files, Programs and a bunch of other stuff. And that's pretty much the same Goal as the original Project(WebWareBox) had. The Goal hasn't changed and because of that, won't cause any issues when deciding what the Goal should be. As with Oxygen's own Goals, the Software should be made simple and easy to use and understand. So that includes a clean and simple UI, easy File-Uploading and Software that is Stable and not broken.

WebBox has been In-Development since 28th September and since then, has had a good amount of progress done on it. As to when you can expect the first Release, the first Beta-Test Release is due on 5th November 2019(So, Guy Fawkes Night). If it isn't then it will be delayed by a week or two. The Beta-Test for the next few Releases is meant to focus on the Design and Layout of the Software. After that, the Beta-Tests will be focused on Features and then making sure the Software is in a Stable state.

The WebBox Software is written in PHP(PHP 7.2+ to be exact), CSS and JavaScript. As for any other Languages that will be involved, I cannot say for certain.

As of now, I'm currently the Lead-Maintainer. There is no Co-Maintainer though. But, I would like for somebody with Web-Development experience with Languages like PHP, CSS and JavaScript to take these Positions.

As to how you can Contribute to it, you can find the official Repository for it here: Note: As of now, there are 3(Soon to be 4) Branches: master, development-1.0.0, design-development and (Soon to be) feature-development. Please note that both master and development-1.0.0 are both Protected-Branches. If you want to make a Contribution, it must be done in either design-development or feature-development. Once you've made your changes to either one of the Branches, they will be Merged with development-1.0.0 which will then be Merged with master.

[End of Project Information]
Titanium-Wiki
Titanium-Wiki is Oxygen's second Project. Just like WebBox, it's another piece of Web-Software that the Site-Owner can install onto their Site. As you can tell by the Name, it is a piece of Wiki-Software. So, when installed, Pages and be created and modified by other Users and it can be a place to get information on something.

Titanium-Wiki has in fact, only been In-Development for about a few days now. It was originally, just standard HTML-Pages built into the Oxygen-Website and you can probably guess, was only intended for the Oxygen-Website. But, I had the great idea of making everything Open-Source. So I did and thus' Titanium-Wiki was created. Now when I created a separate Directory for Titanium-Wiki, I did import all of the Code that I had currently written for the Oxygen-Website-Exclusive Wiki. But since then, I have only written Code for the Wiki-Software itself and I'll only add the Oxygen-Wiki when the Software is Stable and fully released.

As of now, there is no existing Repository for the Project. I will have a Repository up soon though so keep an eye out. But when you can expect the first Release of the Software, I can't necessarily say. I also don't have any plans for a Beta-Testing of it but that may change when I create the Repository and Development has gone a little bit further.

Right now, the Software is only being written in HTML, CSS and JavaScript. So, it can't technically be classified as a Software but I would just stick to calling it a piece of Software anyway(But you can refer to it as a 'Wiki-Template' for the time being). As to what Programming-Languages will be involved, I'm still deciding on that. The reason for deciding is because I have recently taken interest in Ruby and I'm not even sure whether to adopt it as a Primary-Language of Oxygen. As for Titanium-Wiki, I'm now stuck with two choices which is PHP or Ruby. We'll see as time progresses.

As with WebBox, the Software is being lead by myself and no Co-Maintainer that can fill in for me when I'm not available. I don't have any plans to hire a Lead-Maintainer just yet but I would like a Co-Maintainer to join me with the Development.

[End of Project Information]

Well, I hope you're deeply interested and excited to see where these Projects go and what they're used for. I know that I am both interested and excited for them. If you have any Questions about the Projects, you may ask them here.

Ever heard of Softaculous ?
Softaculous is a commercial script library that automates the installation of commercial and open source web applications to a website. Softaculous scripts are executed from the administration area of a website control panel, typically via an interface tool such as cPanel, Plesk, H-Sphere, DirectAdmin and InterWorx.

Ever heard of Softaculous ?
Softaculous is a commercial script library that automates the installation of commercial and open source web applications to a website. Softaculous scripts are executed from the administration area of a website control panel, typically via an interface tool such as cPanel, Plesk, H-Sphere, DirectAdmin and InterWorx.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have heard of it before.

Now, I'm assuming that this was in response to the Announcement of WebBox. I will let you know that Softaclous is for allowing Webmasters to install Software such as WordPress and Drupal onto their Website.

WebBox on the other hand, let's the Webmaster install it onto their Website and then the User/Visitor of that Website can upload their Files to it(Think of YouTube but for Software/Programs instead of Movie Files).

Hey everyone.

As you may know, by an earlier Post I made(And the original Oxygen-Manifesto), there was something about 'Standards'. These Standards were used to make sure that the Oxygen-Community stayed friendly, safe and welcoming to each other and also made sure that everyone's Identity was protected. But as of today, my Opinion on that has greatly changed. And I put it all on Code Of Conducts, primarily the Contributor Covenant.

So it begins today. I somehow end up remembering about the existence of the Contributor Covenant. Which is a Code Of Conduct that is in use by thousands of Open-Software Projects. The Conduct is designed to make sure that everyone, including minorities, people from different Races/Backgrounds and Women can get into the FOSS Movement. While I do respect the person for trying to help get people of these Groups into FOSS, I've now just realized one thing about Code Of Conducts.

They're like your Parents from when you were a kid. They told you how to behave and you had to stand by those Rules or else you'd be in trouble. A Code Of Conduct, in my eyes, is essentially that.

Now, when I made the Oxygen-Standards, I intended it to be a Code Of Conduct. But, with a lot of strictness to it. Now as to what the Contributor Covenant has to do with this, it's because it made me realize: Code Of Conducts are just made-up Political BS. They claim to help "LGB[N/A], Women and a bunch of other Groups and Minorities" get into FOSS. But in reality, the people who are already in FOSS and are Contributing to Projects with the Contributor Covenant are having to follow a strict set of Guidelines just so everyone is friendly and stays nice to each other.

But the problem with trying to make sure that everyone is nice to each other is that....Not everyone is nice to each other. It's a normal thing in society. You can't force someone to be nice to someone else unless there were very good reasons to do so. But the Code of Conduct forces people to be nice. If you don't, you're told to leave the Project, take some time off, get a warning or are permanently banned from it entirely and then have a bad reputation. And everyone has different views and opinions. As with trying to force someone to be nice to another person, you can't unless you have good reasons for doing so.

Because of how the Contributor Covenant and all of this forcing people to be nice to one-another, no matter your opinions, I have since shredded the Oxygen-Standards. But, only one remnant of the Standards remain and that is Privacy. The original Standards Document had a section about Privacy and what to do to keep your Identity hidden while being a Member of Oxygen. That has since turned into it's own, separate Document. Everything else from the Standards has been shredded, never to return unless I choose to bring it back due to a certain reason. But, I value Free-Speech on the WorldWideWeb and Real-Life and I believe that nobody should have their Views or Opinions, restricted by some stupid piece of Digital-Paper.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom