Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oxygen/Oxygen Software

And as a Side-Note: Please do not go into any of Oxygen's current Repositories or any future Repositories and ask for a Code of Conduct to be added. It will never happen and the Lead-Maintainer(s) and Co-Maintainer(s) will in fact, be repeatedly told not to listen to any requests for a Code of Conduct.

Again, a Code of Conduct is a piece of Digital-Paper that enforces stupid Rules, tries to make everyone Supportive of something that they may not wish to Support and is just overall, Political and SJW-BS.

Hey everyone.

Just as a small, minor change, I have decided to update the Logo for Oxygen/Oxygen-Software. The reason for doing this is because the old one looked a bit outdated so I figured, why not make it look a tiny bit more modern?

Here is the new Logo:
View attachment 220
View attachment 221

Unlike the old Logo, this one:
  • Has a darker Blue to it.
  • More subtle Gradients.
  • Has a clear, visible Gloss-Effect.
  • Uses a different Font(The Font was originally the Ubuntu Font).
  • The outer ring is less thick and more thinner.
I hope you like the new changes done to the Logo. I will be updating the Site soon to add in the new Logo. If you want to refer to Oxygen using the Logo, please use the Logos provided above.

Anyways, as for Oxygen's first Project, it's going great so far. I did have Issues with Git and the Branches again but luckily, got them fixed. I will be providing more News on the Project soon as to what it is and what's going to happen with it. I should also mention that I'm still looking for a Lead-Maintainer who is responsible enough to take such a Role. Please PM me if you are interested in the Position of Lead-Maintainer.

Thanks.
Hey everyone.

Even though this Logo is only a couple of weeks old now, I have as of today, decided to do a bit of Tweaking to it.

Everyone, I present to you: The Oxygen Logo, V2.1

logo.png
logo_icon.png

What's Changed

• Darker Blue.
  • The Shine is a bit more visible.
  • The subtle Gradient is now facing towards the top rather than diagonally.
  • The Text now has a Gradient.
I know that these are just some minor changes but I hope you do like them. This will be Oxygen's Logo for years to come until it needs a new fresh coat of paint. Oh yeah, I've also just updated the Website to have the 2.1 Logo(Which is this one). I never got around to giving the Website the 2.0 Logo but in my opinion, it was worth it not adding the 2.0 Logo and instead just giving the 2.0, the 2.1 Upgrade and then adding the 2.1 Logo onto the Website.

Hey everyone.

As of today, I got the idea of adding a Q&A/FAQ Section to the Oxygen-Website. This Page can be used as a way for newcomers and people who have never heard of Oxygen to learn more about it without having to ask the same Questions over and over again. But do that, I'll need some of you guys to ask any Questions that you may have.

Not forcing you to ask but it would be nice. I'm open to any Questions you may have. Of course, it doesn't have to be right now that you ask a Question. You can ask a Question anytime and who knows, it may appear on that Q&A/FAQ Page.

Thanks.

Hey everyone.

Today, I got the idea of starting up some sort of Discussion-Area for Oxygen-Software. This Discussion-Area will allow you to Discuss anything about Oxygen-Software, it's Projects and will even allow you to ask Questions about it.

But, to do that, I need a piece of Software/Service to allow such a thing to happen.

I've picked out the following Services/Software:
- Google Groups
- Nabble
- CreateAForum(Modified Version of SimpleMachines[SMF])
- ProBoards

These are all of the Services that I've cherry-picked just for Oxygen. These will do for now and maybe at some point in the future, Oxygen will move to another one.

You may have also noticed that I've included Google Groups in the list. This is because Google Groups allows for a Mailing-List but also a Forum. I'd prefer to have a Mailing-List but I would also like to have a Forum so that's why I've included Google Groups. In case we want to have a Mailing-List. But the problem lies here. Oxygen takes Privacy very seriously with it's Members. Ever since I shredded the Oxygen-Standards, the Privacy Section from that still remains, but in a completely separate Document. Near the end of the Document, it is stated that Users will be asked to seek alternatives if they're using Products from Companies such as Google and Microsoft(They can use their Products in their Personal-Life or Work but not around Oxygen). This will cause a conflict with the Privacy Document and I may end up having to add a Note saying that Oxygen uses Google Groups but that "It will switch to something that's not from Google in the future". I encourage you to not vote for Google Groups unless you want all of Oxygen's Discussions in a Mailing-List.

So, Vote for which one you'd think be best. If you want a Mailing-List, as stated, Vote for Google Groups, ONLY IF YOU WANT A MAILING-LIST. If you want something else, Vote for the other given choices.

Hey everyone, still waiting on your Votes for this.

Just reply with what one you want and if you want to, say why you want that one.

Hey everyone.

I have selected the Forum-Software and that is Nabble. I was originally going to choose ProBoards but there was some annoying error that was stopping me from creating a Forum there. So, I chose Nabble instead as it was just a lot easier to do. While there isn't as much Functionality to Nabble, it will do the job just fine and as I said, there might be a change in the future.

You can find Oxygen's new Forum, here: http://oxygen-software-forum.175691.n8.nabble.com/

I encourage you to sign-up if you want to chat and discuss Oxygen, it's Projects and anything that's going on with it.

Hey everyone.

I have selected the Forum-Software and that is Nabble. I was originally going to choose ProBoards but there was some annoying error that was stopping me from creating a Forum there. So, I chose Nabble instead as it was just a lot easier to do. While there isn't as much Functionality to Nabble, it will do the job just fine and as I said, there might be a change in the future.

You can find Oxygen's new Forum, here: http://oxygen-software-forum.175691.n8.nabble.com/

I encourage you to sign-up if you want to chat and discuss Oxygen, it's Projects and anything that's going on with it.
Should have had a url that's easy to remember and access. For example: oxygen-software.createaforum.net

Yeah, you're right. Guess I didn't think this one through enough. I'll see about switching over later.

Hey everyone.

Just recently, I have gotten myself into the Dogecoin Cryptocurrency. As you can probably tell by the Name of it, it's a joke Cryptocurrency, but it does have some use.

I have been thinking about whether using Dogecoin as a source of Funding for Oxygen.

This is what the donated Dogecoin will be used for:
  • Donated to Dogecoin Faucets.
  • Donated to other Users around the Internet to help them get into Dogecoin.
  • Be used as a Motivator for me and other Lead-Maintainers to continue leading Oxygen and it's Projects.
  • (Maybe) be used for Personal-Stuff(Clothes, Electronics etc. Provided that online Stores support Dogecoin).
There will be a Dogecoin-Address for Oxygen itself(This Address will be owned and operated by me). And Projects will have their own Address(These Addresses are controlled and operated by the Lead-Maintainers of the Projects).

I'd like your opinions on this. It will be quite hard to do something like this as you have to deal with all of the Addresses and when donating to Faucets, making sure that you don't get ripped off. It will take some careful consideration for something like this.

Hey everyone.

Just recently, I have gotten myself into the Dogecoin Cryptocurrency. As you can probably tell by the Name of it, it's a joke Cryptocurrency, but it does have some use.

I have been thinking about whether using Dogecoin as a source of Funding for Oxygen.

This is what the donated Dogecoin will be used for:
  • Donated to Dogecoin Faucets.
  • Donated to other Users around the Internet to help them get into Dogecoin.
  • Be used as a Motivator for me and other Lead-Maintainers to continue leading Oxygen and it's Projects.
  • (Maybe) be used for Personal-Stuff(Clothes, Electronics etc. Provided that online Stores support Dogecoin).
There will be a Dogecoin-Address for Oxygen itself(This Address will be owned and operated by me). And Projects will have their own Address(These Addresses are controlled and operated by the Lead-Maintainers of the Projects).

I'd like your opinions on this. It will be quite hard to do something like this as you have to deal with all of the Addresses and when donating to Faucets, making sure that you don't get ripped off. It will take some careful consideration for something like this.
Good luck. Any updates on Oxygen?!

Back
Top Bottom