Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Search-Engine Sketch-Up

D

Dan-Kode

So today, I was quite bored. So I figured that why not make a Sketch of a Search-Engine in HTML.

Now you're probably thinking: "But you can't make a Search-Engine, it's too hard."

Yes, I know it's hard to make a Search-Engine but don't worry, it doesn't involve any of that PHP or SQL Code that every Search-Engine has. This Search-Engine is just something that I cobbled together just for fun.

So here it is:
Screenshot from 2019-06-15 16-43-13.png
Now, yes. I know it looks really bad and it looks like something that you would find in the 90's, I get it. But again, it was just something that I put-together just for fun. I don't really care about the Font or Rounded-Corners.

So looking at the Photo, you can of course see the Name of the Search-Engine, the Search-Box and Search-Button and a Menubar that contains Links for an Image-Search, Video-Search and a List of Popular-Websites(Compass-Popularity).

Tell me what you think. I will continue to work on it just for fun as I don't plan on making it into an actual Website(And just so you know, that Link in the Search-Box does not take you anywhere so don't bother Searching it).

Here's a mockup I made in Photoshop for some inspiration :)
I use Font-Awesome 5 icons for 'search' and 'compass' icons. I used Poppins for the other fonts. I used www.coolors.co to generate a palette and decided to use this red/pink/maroon combo. I then applied a gradient (radial style) to make it pop out a bit more.

31zr46E.png

Here is a mockup of what the page could look like with some search results...

xzvdxvL.png

Last edited:

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom