Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Some of my recent ideas

D

Deleted member 65

TechStream: A refreshing name that evokes intelligence and momentum. Possible uses: A software company. A ecommerce platform. A news app.

Who wants to work with me on this project? Any takers? 3 Possible uses.

Fire Chat: Spice things up during your next conversation with this intimate, toasty name. Possible uses: A chat platform. A social network. An app. A conference. A TV show. A VOIP network.

Chat Bubble: A lighthearted name that evokes communication and fun. Possible uses: A social app. A messaging platform. A help desk.

Introducing 247News - http://247News.forumotion.com
logo

Send me some links so I can get started. =D
W3Schools

MDN

There. Start learning.

Any new coding languages out there?
I want to learn a new coding language.
Look. Stop for a moment and decide what you actually want to make.

I've noticed this a lot with you. First you want to make a Site, then you want to make an App but in the long-run, you just make Sites. So stop and think about what you actually want to do.

If Mobile-App Development is what you want to do, then learn Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C or C#. These can be used to make Apps for Windows(UWP), Android and/or iOS. There are also Frameworks and APIs out there that let you create Apps using HTML, CSS and JS as well, if you'd prefer to stick to those Languages and not learn much more complex ones. But, Mobile-App Development isn't easy as you need to learn the OS's Dev-Kit and how to actually make Apps using that Dev-Kit.

If it's Web-Development then you have a lot to work from as well, plus, a lot to learn too. Languages for the Web include:
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript(Vanilla JS, Vue.js, Node.js and jQuery)
  • PHP
  • *SQL(MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite)
  • ASP.net/ASP.net Core
  • Ruby/Ruby On Rails
and potentially many more that I may not have mentioned. But what I've listed are the popular choices and/or Standards of the Web.

Web-Development is actually a bit easier than Mobile-App Development. But, you will need to learn the Languages, what they're used for, how to embed Scripts(PHP and JS) into HTML etc. If you're looking to do Front-End then HTML, CSS and JS is what you'll be using. If it's Server-Side/Back-End then you'll be using PHP, *SQL and possibly JS. Ruby/Ruby On Rails is also a popular choice but the only big Company/Website using it is GitHub. Ruby/Ruby On Rails is really only popular among start-ups and small Sites but if the Site gets too big then that's when Scaling-Issues can arise in which you'll end-up having to switch.

So again, make your mind-up on what you want to do. Is it Web-Development or Mobile-App Development? Reply back when you've made your mind-up and I'll point you to some resources.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom