Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

niksirat

New Coder
I have a table (named Products) in the database (named MyData) that have the following columns:

ID | ProductCode | Group
--------------------------------------
001 | Product1 | fp
002 | Product2 | e
003 | Product3 | e
004 | Product4 | FP
005 | Product5 | e

My goal is to write a web page using ASP.NET Core that shows the table above and by selecting the desired product, assigning other parameters, such as length, width, information, ..., and can save that in another table called NewInfo:

ID | L | W | Description
----------------------------------------------
001 | 3.2 | 23 | TestTestTest
003 | 2.1 | 2.55 | TestTestTest
004 | 10.34 | 1.222 | TestTestTest
005 | 11 | 9 | TestTestTest

And, it is possible to clear or edit the row of it.

I am a little familiar with coding in C#, but I don't know about ASP.NET Core.

I consulted with different people; The result is:

Do that with ASP.NET Core 6 technology,
Do not use ASP.NET MVC, or ASP.NET Razor Page because of the old technology,

I searched a lot on the Internet to find a template to work on it, but I found codes that are part of a large project and I can't understand the relationship between different parts.

I need guidance in doing this.

I have a table (named Products) in the database (named MyData) that have the following columns:

My goal is to write a web page using ASP.NET Core that shows the table above and by selecting the desired product, assigning other parameters, such as length, width, information, ..., and can save that in another table called NewInfo:

And, it is possible to clear or edit the row of it.

I am a little familiar with coding in C#, but I don't know about ASP.NET Core.

I consulted with different people; The result is:

Do that with ASP.NET Core 6 technology,
Do not use ASP.NET MVC, or ASP.NET Razor Page because of the old technology,

I searched a lot on the Internet to find a template to work on it, but I found codes that are part of a large project and I can't understand the relationship between different parts.

I need guidance in doing this.
First off..
Don't believe every piece of advice you hear. Whoever told you that you shouldn't use asp.net mvc or razor pages, should really look at their own careers. Yes, although those becoming old now, they are still very much alive. You should definitely attempt to complete your project using those technologies first. Then once you have it at a place you are content with, definitely make the migration over to .netcore 6. Why you ask? Because if you are looking for a career as a dev, and looking to work at a company, I guarantee you that they will have clients on those technologies, and I can guarantee you that they will be upgrading to .netcore x. Being able to work with either technology is great, but knowing how to work and migrate to the other will get you places. Granted, they will put you through some training for working with .netcore, but having that knowledge and that experience already will help you out tenfold. Coming from experience.

Also: Let's remember that a lot of packages that you may or may not end up using or that may or may not be essential to your project, may not have a .netcore version. So... Good Luck Have Fun if you're trying to implement with .netcore right away

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom