Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which OS do u like best?

Windows 10 Pro, Ubuntu and MacOS. Chrome OS is starting to climb the ladder.

I like Ubuntu Linux. You can do some pretty advanced configuring on it and it is open source. I like Windows for amount of packages but prefer Ubuntu Linux. I got Ubuntu Pro with current Ubuntu LTS (22.04.3) and have two things to say about it, could use more packages and has some advanced options. I do have two Windows 10 computers. It took some time for me to figure scrolling on this Ubuntu thing, but other than that smooth sailing. I had a choice of 3 Linux security programs total so yeah, definitely few packages. X E.

I'm a GNU/Linux user. I've tried several distros. Currently on Mint. For work, I use Rocky Linux mostly. I originally used DOS when I had my first computer and when the trend to switch to Windows came, I resisted fiercely. I kept on using DOS for several more years until I felt comfortable enough with Linux to make it my primary OS.

I'm not going to say GNU is all wonderful all the time, but I find it to be the best available option nowadays. I personally would've liked it if some old OS of the type of DOS, but free software, that allowed you to do a lot of assembly, direct access to hardware, etc., had evolved through the years to become more powerful, but not more restricitve. That would've been my ideal OS.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom