Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Hartkeye

Coder
Hello! I'm brand new to learning coding (Codewithmosh.com is what I'm currently learning C++ on.) I had an idea for a project that would help lessen my work load at my job. 90% of my work is writing reports. They are all very similar with small differences based on the contact. We write our reports in a program called "Mobil" which is owned by "Tyler Technologies". My idea was to write code that would take certain data points from the program I already input (Name, DOB, incident location, time, etc.), and pull them into a basic pre-written report, with a small portion left open for any minor differences that need to be written in my own words. I believe I can handle most of this with basic cin/cout functions into a saved word document to start.
My first problems:
How would I write code to pull the data I want from a professionally made program?
Is there a way to run this on any computer I happen to be using my putting the code on a flash drive I carry?
Is C++ the correct program to run this on or is Python/other programs more user friendly?
The "Mobil" program requires a login - is web scraping required or can I skip that as I will already be logged into the program?

I think this would be an easy enough program, and am excited to see if I can make it, but I have so little experience that makes me nervous about starting a project like this.
Any advice is greatly appreciated, any ideas are welcome, and any other perspectives would be wonderful.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom