Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

CSS CSS :hover challenges

ajw089

New Coder
Hello!

I'm a beginner with CSS and am troubleshooting a site built with a custom theme file in WordPress. There is a 'recent posts' section at the bottom of the Homepage and each of the post content sections has a white background. When you hover over the text, the text changes to white. I've been searching the CSS file to try and figure out what to update but with no luck. Is anyone able to help guide me in what I should be looking for in CSS so the text changes to #1e1936 on Hover?

I've forced hover in Dev Tools in the picture below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you!

Solution
D
It seems unusual for a text to change to white on hover. Is that a Wordpress thing ? You say you "forced hover in DevTools" but I see no evidence of that in the screenshot. All I see is :hov in the Filter but I don't know what that is supposed to mean. The left half of the screenshot is not helping at all to clarify the issue.
I could be wrong but I don't think there is such a thing as "hover over text". A piece of text is not a DOM element I think, you can only hover over the element that contains the text. Not sure if that makes a difference for you.
It seems unusual for a text to change to white on hover. Is that a Wordpress thing ? You say you "forced hover in DevTools" but I see no evidence of that in the screenshot. All I see is :hov in the Filter but I don't know what that is supposed to mean. The left half of the screenshot is not helping at all to clarify the issue.
I could be wrong but I don't think there is such a thing as "hover over text". A piece of text is not a DOM element I think, you can only hover over the element that contains the text. Not sure if that makes a difference for you.

Solution
Sorry for the unclear images, but your response gave me what I needed. I was able to correct my challenge based on your response - thank you!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom