Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

    GIF shows where to locate </> in the thread and or post editor toolbar.
    To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, review our "How to post your code into threads" here.

    Thank you, Code Forum.

CSS First Time Making CSS Script

Hello, this is my first time making a CSS script. I've used Stylus before to change a few websites, but nothing beyond that. However, the website SpaceBattles is currently undergoing a UI change that is... not for the best (you can see the thread discussing it here). I wish to create a style that addresses many of the issues people have with the new style, starting with the lack of borders around posts. Someone has already made a "quick-and-dirty" mockup of how it would look, which I am trying to replicate generally (found here, code here). However, my code hasn't been able to do that. So far this is the code I have made to change the .message class. There's probably an obvious error here, but I'm too inexperienced to see it.

CSS:
.message {
    border-color: #415C87;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 2px;
}

My primary goals with this project are, in order of expected difficulty: return borders around posts (with if statements to change it based on selected theme), change the background of the light mode to be more palatable, change much of the text color of the Classic Dark background back to the green of the old site, and fix the spacing so the site doesn't have so much wasted space. Is this all possible with CSS, and do you have any recommendations on where to start?
 
Last edited:
Hello, this is my first time making a CSS script. I've used Stylus before to change a few websites, but nothing beyond that. However, the website SpaceBattles is currently undergoing a UI change that is... not for the best (you can see the thread discussing it here). I wish to create a style that addresses many of the issues people have with the new style, starting with the lack of borders around posts. Someone has already made a "quick-and-dirty" mockup of how it would look, which I am trying to replicate generally (found here, code here). However, my code hasn't been able to do that. So far this is the code I have made to change the .message class. There's probably an obvious error here, but I'm too inexperienced to see it.

CSS:
.message {
    border-color: #415C87;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 2px;
}

My primary goals with this project are, in order of expected difficulty: return borders around posts (with if statements to change it based on selected theme), change the background of the light mode to be more palatable, change much of the text color of the Classic Dark background back to the green of the old site, and fix the spacing so the site doesn't have so much wasted space. Is this all possible with CSS, and do you have any recommendations on where to start?
Hi there,
If I may ask a question: do you have access to the files on the backend of the site? If so, then it wouldn't be too difficult. Otherwise, you may have to either create a browser extension that changes it just for you and/or users with the extension.
 
Back
Top Bottom