Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Weboogle, no, not yet.

We're currently focusing on our Project but we will start work on a Website soon.

I have learned the basics of HTML and CSS so I should be ready to work on part of the project and a website so that I don't have to rely on markdown and Jekyll. I know how to do some fancy visual stuff so the WebWareBox should look better visually.

I feel like competing with Hawk Technology
Competition is always good, helps keep everyone at the top of their game! But please remember this reply doesn’t contribute in a good way.

Hey everyone.

I have recently just left Hawk Technology. My reasons being due to issues with Python and Git(Which nearly made me lose my marbles), my hate and lack of knowledge of the Python Language(I did learn Python once but I've since forgotten everything about it) and the fact that GitHub(Which is where the Project is hosted), is owned by Microsoft now(Which in that case, they collect massive amounts of Data. And as a person who cares about digital Privacy, I just can't allow). If you want more information about these reasons, then I'm sure @williamdev would be willing to give a more in-depth explanation.

And no, I'm not back stabbing him. I'm not purposefully leaving him and that wasn't my intention for those who think that. My reasons that I listed above are completely valid in my opinion but if you want to debate them, feel free.

But, since I've now left, I will no longer be returning to the WebWareBox Project, Hawk Technology or GitHub. As a result, I'm looking for somebody who can take my seat and assist @williamdev with development of WebWareBox and any future Projects under Hawk Technology. @williamdev, cannot do any of this on his own and so he needs the assistance of another person. I'm sure he'd welcome all the help he can get. And it doesn't need to be one person, it can be two, three or even more than that. As long as somebody's taking my position(Which was mainly testing and looking for issues) and helping to write the code and distribute the Software, then the both of us will be happy.

You may contact @williamdev about joining Hawk Technology.

Dear Daniel,

I am sorry for the issues I have caused. All the issues that occurred to you occurred to me which is why I changed things and committed them. I am on Windows and you are on Linux/OSX afaik. Your venv folder had no .bat script for activation as per the documentation of Flask. I figured out the solution in some way I cannot reproduce. I reinstalled python many times, hence the delay in my actually useful commits for the project.

But, other than that, I took this project from you to take away the burden on you. I wanted to expand the project to make it easier to deal with and have more functionality. Now that you are leaving, please know that I will still be working on this project and I will contact you when all the conversion is complete. I will get people to test out the final converted product and have them give feedback on its usefulness. I will do this to show you the good your project has done by releasing it as open-source and giving it to people with a fresh mindset and view on the coding problem. Expect me to get back to you in a month or two with a new final product that is better than the current one. I think that if I can gather a multiple person team rather than two people, I can not only convert your current project to Python quicker but also add even more functions to your project. That is the whole reason for open source: to release the code to the general public and see how they can transform your project into something with functions and features that you would have never thought of. The more brains to brainstorm about such things, the more your project can progress.

To anyone else who is seeing my statement, feel free to join with the instructions @ HawkTechnology.github.io

I do not mean to make this statement to say that Daniel has not helped me. Daniel has given very vital feedback to me for the project in terms of privacy. I caused many issues and subsequent headaches for him and I wish I knew how to fix them. I caused them by fixing things on my end, and I think this is caused by incompatibilities caused by the fact that Daniel and I work in different operating systems.

I feel like competing with Hawk Technology
Woah not so fast! You're not even a company yet nor do you have anybody who uses your software. Same with Hawk Technology. I don't know what your deal is with jumping from being an open-source programmer hobbyist to being a full-blown company with no experience whatsoever. If you become a company you would be the Digital Homicide of tech/software companies. Like I have said and I will say it again, you will get nowhere if you download software smash it together and call it a usable product. You may know HTML but that's not everything you need to know to become a software engineer or web developer let alone a full-blown tech company. But knowing HTML is totally enough if you want to register to services OTHER companies made and embed them into your website and call that website your own, right? HTML is enough if you want to be a slack-off and make 98% of your website out of services other people made. They have provided literally EVERYTHING else needed to make a website (JS, Backend, hosting for the backend, blah blah blah) You just have to link to the website (forumotion etc) in a button on your front page, and there you have it, a forum! No effort made to optimize loading times for the front page or anything! https://forumpromotion.net/forum/threads/weboogle.161001/ And would you look at that! Putting no effort translates into bad User Experience! They state that your website loads extremely slow on your promotion post (promoting a badly made product does not end well if your audience has half a brain, unlike you.) Like I have said, all of this criticism applies to Hawk Technologies and to any company/organization. I don't know why I have made an effort to give you feedback on your behavior (your parents should have done that anyway) since I know you won't listen.

And other than weboogle, you have many other dumb forumotion sites. #News2017 is one of them listed on this account, so I know it's you since you said you were working on #News2017
You promote weboogle on other websites as well https://soundoffzone.com/index.php?topic=82.0
Your other forumotion websites are: http://247news.forumotion.com/f16-loiter-lounge http://networkforum.forumotion.com/ http://2020.forumotion.com/ https://muut.com/news2017#!/ http://247news.forumotion.com/ http://news777.forumotion.com/ http://newsupdate.forumotion.com/

GitHub(Which is where the Project is hosted), is owned by Microsoft now(Which in that case, they collect massive amounts of Data.
why not host your own gitlab instance? It's very simple.
I did this first of all because I don't want the other service to manage my data: https://gitlab.anzah.network

@williamdev don't let @Weboogle annoy you, in the meantime everyone should have noticed that he or she trolls more than makes serious comments

If not all websites would use this damn google captcha, I would like to write there why the site is so slow.
179 third party sources that are loaded and 43 cookies take time, because a lot of data has to be sold to many companies.

But the forum itself is also quite contaminated: 32 third party sources with 110 and 30 cookies

OT:
I would really love to get more involved in forums, but not like this. It's more than shameful that they sell so much of their user data to companies.

Last edited:
Tealk said:
why not host your own gitlab instance? It's very simple.
I would've but I only have one computer which I do all of my work on. Running a Server that constantly has traffic coming and going from it may impact my work on this computer. Also, I don't believe that my computer is powerful enough to run a Server so there's that.

williamdev said:
Daniel has given very vital feedback to me for the project in terms of privacy.
You know, I have actually. I want WebWareBox to not only just respect User-Privacy but also the Security of Users. I've looked at the code contributed by @williamdev and thus' it's what lead me to write about these issues. The Privacy and Security of Users is important in today's world and I want WebWareBox to respect those Privacy rights and also make sure that all of the submitted Data is Secure.

My issues that I have written about are still up if you want to Contribute to the discussion surrounding them. I have two issues surrounding Privacy and that's about logging-in/out and creating a Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I'd like it if some of you's went to the repository(**If you have/use GitHub**) and help @williamdev with these sort of issues and also expand on them.

Also, I have specifically told @williamdev to not implement APIs provided by Facebook, Google, Reddit, GitHub etc. These APIs collect Data on the website running the Software, which I do not want. So please, do not open up any issues regarding APIs as we don't plan on embedding APIs from services in the future nor' will one be developed for WebWareBox right now until we have the time. But, now that I've left, @williamdev essentially has full control over the Project but he has promised to stick to the conditions that I stated a couple weeks ago when I was giving the Project away.

williamdev said:
I caused many issues and subsequent headaches for him and I wish I knew how to fix them. I caused them by fixing things on my end, and I think this is caused by incompatibilities caused by the fact that Daniel and I work in different operating systems.
This was an issue that I forgot to mention.

I knew that we were both on different issues and that would cause issues but I never thought it would lead to issues with both Python and Git, which were one of the main reasons for leaving. If we had both been on GNU/Linux or both been on MS Windows then we wouldn't have had these issues. Which generally makes me worry about the future workflow of the Project when more people join as not only will we have people on MS Windows and GNU/Linux but also MacOS X and *BSD. Which can cause even more issues with Git, Python and the workflow in general.

Anyways, despite me not being a part of the Project anymore, @williamdev will still come to me for help with anything, whenever he needs it. As he also stated, you may go to Hawk Technology's website if you want to join the organization and help with future development.

I look forward to seeing where WebWareBox goes, seeing as I've given it away. It's definitely come along way and I plan to write a thread detailing the history of it and how it all came to be when the Project celebrates it's birthday in May(**Which was when it was made**).

I would've but I only have one computer which I do all of my work on. Running a Server that constantly has traffic coming and going from it may impact my work on this computer. Also, I don't believe that my computer is powerful enough to run a Server so there's that.
you should also host this on a server and not at home on your computer :Rofl:
Servers have become so cheap these days that this shouldn't be a problem and git doesn't need that much traffic.
And why should git make problems on the different operating systems? I use git on Windows and Linux and it works totally identical on both platforms.

I have two issues surrounding Privacy and that's about logging-in/out and creating a Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Could you elaborate on that?

Tealk said:
you should also host this on a server and not at home on your computer
True. But, of course, I don't own one, even if they are cheap. Besides, I don't plan on doing any work in the future that involves Servers.

Tealk said:
And why should git make problems on the different operating systems? I use git on Windows and Linux and it works totally identical on both platforms.
Well, it was more to do with Files. @williamdev is on Windows and I'm on GNU/Linux and thus' we use different names for Directories and different File types and thus' that conflicts with the two OSes. As for Git, I made a Fork of the Repository, tried to bring the changes from the official Repository into my Fork and instead of the dev Branch Files being imported onto my HDD, it was the one from the master Branch. Which was what nearly made me lose my marbles(Alongside Python, which also nearly made me lose my marbles).

Tealk said:
Could you elaborate on that?
The ToS and Privacy is pretty self-explanatory. A ToS so the User knows what's allowed and what isn't, what happens with their Account, complying with the Law etc. This File can be modified by the person who runs the Software on their website. Privacy Policy, again, self-explanatory. Explain what happens with their Data, what gets collected and what doesn't, info about Cookies etc. This can also be modified by the site-owner. We just provide a sort of template/default ToS/Privacy Policy for the site-owner in which they can build off of it or create a new one entirely.

As for the issue regarding Logging-In/Out. @williamdev originally planned to do the Logging-In/Out with JavaScript and AJAX and have it sent over to Flask so it can get stored. I told him that this wasn't a good idea as JS is riddled with Security issues which I don't want in the Software. I also told him that it would just be best to do all of the Logging-In/Out and Registration completely in Python as Python is more secure(It does have Security issues, but fewer than JS), plus, it simplifies everything and the workflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom