Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How many passwords do you use online?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-3

• 3-5

• 6-8

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 9-12

• 13-17

• 18-23

• 24+

• To Infinity and Beyond!

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Well, telling us that makes it easier to crack it... haha. So it went from impossible to crack still to impossible to crack, but easier.
lol not really... because my passwords arent on a cracked list lol, yet ;) and yes... I do check frequently. Also, order does indeed matter, and repeat characters also matter...

Simply saying that if someone got the hash of your password (Knowing it is yours :laugh:), it would be theorically easier to crack it knowing how many characters it has and what set of characters are used ;)

Anyway, it was simply said as a joke, that won't happen lol.

Simply saying that if someone got the hash of your password (Knowing it is yours :laugh:), it would be theorically easier to crack it knowing how many characters it has and what set of characters are used ;)
lol, yea, but you forgot one minor little thing.. all of my variant passwords are no less than 32 characters long.. that doesn't necessarily mean that they are at 32 characters long lol. one password can be at that length.. another can be at 35, another can be at 40 ;) as far as the master password is concerned.. that password is not used in any online account lol so you're still stuck figuring that out lol.. again, good luck have fun

35 and 40... Noted. (Joke :laugh:)

Yeah, yeah. I meant if someone like... stole your harddrive or something :laugh:

Anyway, with those password lenghts, even if you told people the actual lenght of all your passwords, you would still be fine :laugh:

Well, telling us that makes it easier to crack it... haha. So it went from impossible to crack still to impossible to crack, but easier.
well, he pretty much admitted to using any letter lowercase of upper case, any number, and 10 different symbols.
That's 62 possible characters... so a 10 character password would have 839,299,365,868,340,224 possible values (I think - because 62^10 for 62 possible choices to the power of 10 for a 10 character password).

well, he pretty much admitted to using any letter lowercase of upper case, any number, and 10 different symbols.
That's 62 possible characters... so a 10 character password would have 839,299,365,868,340,224 possible values (I think - because 62^10 for 62 possible choices to the power of 10 for a 10 character password).
Yep

so.. to the math... a 36 character password... is 62^(36)... and my minimum is 32 characters, so 62^(32)... and I do have a 40 in there somewhere.. so 62^(40).... I like them odds XD

1 / (62^(32))
1 / (62^(36))
1 / (62^(40))

Like I said..

Good Luck, have fun :)

That is why I said it went from impossible to STILL impossible, but easier :laugh:.

By the way, you are using a strong hashing algorithm with a high number of iterations for the key derivation?

That is why I said it went from impossible to STILL impossible, but easier :laugh:.

By the way, you are using a strong hashing algorithm with a high number of iterations for the key derivation?
sha512( Randomizer( pass, Salt(BufferSize = 17+) ) )

* keep in mind.. here, the Randomizer function does a very special convolution to the salt and the password.. and the buffer size always changes, with size of 15 being the smallest size I have used.. changes with every application I build.... again one of the reasons why I love backend.. no one solution will ever be the same as another ;)

you can breach the database.. but can you reverse engineer the hash n salt function to the point of getting it down right accurate lol

I try to generate a new password for every site and what I basically do is let my fingers fly across the keyboard and then see what I come up with ;) Then I make sure I copy it down in a private place because there's no way I could remember passwords like that. They're very strong though and I don't have to sit and think about any special formula.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom