Need help How to call a function / Edit a value in c++ from c#

eeflores

Coder
Jun 26, 2019
Also what is that #cplusplus thing about?
I think you're referring to the #ifdef __cplusplus code that's in the C++ source files. It's something that used to be done when mixing C and C++ modules. I guess it's still possible to compile a C file in Visual Studio, but I can't find the project or compiler settings that would let you specifically define the code type within the source file (being either C or C++). I guess the compiler and environment is relying on the filename extension to determine the compile type to use.
The Stack Overflow link should give you enough information, but the gist of it is that this macro is defined when the file is being compiled as a C++ module. If this macro is defined, the code between the #ifdef and the #endif will be included as part of the compile, in this case the extern "C" stuff.
(that sounded rambling ... it's a Monday morning and my brain is foggy)

eeflores

Coder
Jun 26, 2019
I did a bit of a dig into the rbxfpsunlocker repo you referenced, and one of it's dependencies is a Blackbone library, which describes itself as a "Windows memory hacking library". Once you start dealing with sketchy things that aren't expected by the OS you start fighting with things that would probably start to make your system more unstable (or I'd prefer not to tinker with things beyond my current comprehension). This approach makes injecting a DLL into Roblox a more attractive option in my opinion.
The things that Blackbone seem to allow you to do sounds interesting (not that I have a decent grasp of what's being described) but that rabbit hole of intrigue is outside the scope of time that I could allocate to it.

Reactions: Malcolm

TableFlipGod

Active Coder
May 13, 2019
I did a bit of a dig into the rbxfpsunlocker repo you referenced, and one of it's dependencies is a Blackbone library, which describes itself as a "Windows memory hacking library". Once you start dealing with sketchy things that aren't expected by the OS you start fighting with things that would probably start to make your system more unstable (or I'd prefer not to tinker with things beyond my current comprehension). This approach makes injecting a DLL into Roblox a more attractive option in my opinion.
The things that Blackbone seem to allow you to do sounds interesting (not that I have a decent grasp of what's being described) but that rabbit hole of intrigue is outside the scope of time that I could allocate to it.
Ill just remove this feature because its not really useful.