Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is everyone working on?

I know this isn't the right thread for it, but might anybody know of any good games or projects which can easily be modded? If it's a game, I'm not too bothered if by 'mod' it's a map or a full-blown gameplay-changing mod; if it's a regular project, what sort of modding can you do for it? I don't want something that's ridiculously easy to mod, I would prefer a bit of a challenge with it.

I'm asking since the holidays are coming up and it'd be nice to have something to occupy my free time with like I done last year with the two Ludum Dare games by the Minecraft creator which I found. It'd be preferable if the project/game is free/open-source.

Thanks!

I've seen a few times now online when looking for programming projects to build a library management system. Considering I'm very much a bookworm, I decided today that I'll give it a shot: it'll be able to add, remove, and list all of the books in my library. When I go to add a book listing, I can tell the program the book's name and author, how many pages/chapters it has, and when the book was published.

When I get something decent working, I'll share it here!

I really like the phrasing of the thread, leaves open more possibilities than the one's about "money" or "career". It kinda opens up problems to think in those terms anyways...

Still learning, I've been working learning bash stuff over the past year, and now I'm working on C. Right now, I'm just trying figure out how much statistically the rand(); skews the the numbers it generates when seeded with time in seconds. The first step is just to collect a million seconds in a text file, it only takes longer than over ten days, a million is a lot smaller than billion in terms of human life span...

In terms of languages, I am currently learning Java at university. I believe we are going to be getting into Javascript soon as well which should be a lot of fun. In terms of projects, I'm working on two WordPress sites (mainly setup and management) for my Dad.
That's extremely practical.

Back in August I enrolled in Bloom Institute of Technology, it has been a very interesting adventure. I'm about halfway through the course now and pushing hard to get through it the rest of the way. I've had a few set backs (a new job that requires more of my time and the birth of my first child). So far I have learned more about HTML, CSS and JavaScript as well as how to use React, create private servers and testing applications using Cypress.
I've also been watching for job applications through BloomTech to join up with the staff helping other people around the world find their place in the tech industry. It's been an amazing experience and I am excited to get through it.

I've been building a Sendgrid event relay server so that anytime there is an error in delivering an email. It will automatically process and send it to Slack to inform us about the issue.

I’m building a Hierarchical State Machine processor in Java. I always wondered how, in real life, you got from a UML FSM diagram to working code, and this is a way to explore that question. (There are lots of simplified answers on the web but they ignore all the tricky details.)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom