Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is everyone working on?

Working on my own and client websites and services,
Making steady progress with a new open source ERP system,

then doing some hobby based things in my down time to spark new ideas.

Working on my own and client websites and services,
Making steady progress with a new open source ERP system,

then doing some hobby based things in my down time to spark new ideas.
Very interesting! What does ERP stand for?

ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning, its a bit like a CRM = Customer Relationship Management

ERP systems usually work for businesses that need a system to handle staff, sales, customers, warehousing, stock, accounting, helpdesk etc
CRM systems normally similar but more customer and sales focused.

ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning, its a bit like a CRM = Customer Relationship Management

ERP systems usually work for businesses that need a system to handle staff, sales, customers, warehousing, stock, accounting, helpdesk etc
CRM systems normally similar but more customer and sales focused.
Oh nice! What language if I may ask?

The initial system is in PHP using the Symfony framework once i have this built enough to a good level or through the help of other developers as it is a really big project, there maybe a python edition to come in the future.
The reason to start with a PHP ERP is because there is a small gap in the market where python dominates.

PHP CRM systems are popular but ERP not so many, but probably because there is so much work to do on PHP where python might be quicker development time. Taking a dive into deep waters and hopefully come out the other end with a fantastic system, only time will tell.

The initial system is in PHP using the Symfony framework once i have this built enough to a good level or through the help of other developers as it is a really big project, there maybe a python edition to come in the future.
The reason to start with a PHP ERP is because there is a small gap in the market where python dominates.

PHP CRM systems are popular but ERP not so many, but probably because there is so much work to do on PHP where python might be quicker development time. Taking a dive into deep waters and hopefully come out the other end with a fantastic system, only time will tell.
Can you develop websites with Python?

Can you develop websites with Python?

I can yes pretty much a PHP and Python developer love both languages i do favour python over php due to the standards and syntax use is far simple and less

4-7 line of php code can be done with 1-3 lines of python and does same job ( This just depends on what you are wanting it to do of course)

Python is great with AI too but is a deep learning curve

I can yes pretty much a PHP and Python developer love both languages i do favour python over php due to the standards and syntax use is far simple and less

4-7 line of php code can be done with 1-3 lines of python and does same job ( This just depends on what you are wanting it to do of course)

Python is great with AI too but is a deep learning curve
Very interesting! @Crow is not really a fan of Python from what I can tell lol.

Today the goal is/was to study some Japanese and improve my HTML. However I had a bad sleep last night and this coffee is not kicking in... so to be continued.
This morning, however, I was thinking I would like to learn how to have a form, that someone would submit information into, and then it would move it to an information dump kinda thing for me to look at, but I also wanted to code something to organize the data by like alphanumerical order or whatever. However, I don't know PHP and I'm not ready for PHP so this may be a February/March Goal instead of a February 3rd Goal, haha.

Today the goal is/was to study some Japanese and improve my HTML. However I had a bad sleep last night and this coffee is not kicking in... so to be continued.
This morning, however, I was thinking I would like to learn how to have a form, that someone would submit information into, and then it would move it to an information dump kinda thing for me to look at, but I also wanted to code something to organize the data by like alphanumerical order or whatever. However, I don't know PHP and I'm not ready for PHP so this may be a February/March Goal instead of a February 3rd Goal, haha.
Very cool! I was honestly thinking about learning some Japanese but I have too much on my plate. The story of my life right there..
Hmm very interesting I want to follow your progress on your form!

I'm currently writing another Introduction post!

Very cool! I was honestly thinking about learning some Japanese but I have too much on my plate. The story of my life right there..
Hmm very interesting I want to follow your progress on your form!

I'm currently writing another Introduction post!
I am.. really a newbie so this morning I just learned how to make a form and send the user to another page once they've submitted the form. How to do anything with what they've submitted.. may be for a later day.. unless I can jump many levels here lol.
Maybe you drive, but if you take the bus in your city you can just use an app like Drops to learn some basic vocabulary while you are in transit~ But maybe you have other stuff thats better to focus on during that time.
In my city theres a lot of foreigners from different countries here on working holiday or student visa so usually I go to language exchange events (when I have the time) and just try to make connections and pickup a bit here and there!

I am.. really a newbie so this morning I just learned how to make a form and send the user to another page once they've submitted the form. How to do anything with what they've submitted.. may be for a later day.. unless I can jump many levels here lol.
Maybe you drive, but if you take the bus in your city you can just use an app like Drops to learn some basic vocabulary while you are in transit~ But maybe you have other stuff thats better to focus on during that time.
In my city theres a lot of foreigners from different countries here on working holiday or student visa so usually I go to language exchange events (when I have the time) and just try to make connections and pickup a bit here and there!
Ask a lot of questions! Don't hesitate, we help each other here. That was the mean goal of mine when I opened this site, it was to help myself and others learn to code.

Hmm, I have Duolingo on my phone. Have you ever used it?

Oh, that's very interesting! I might consider those events!

Ask a lot of questions! Don't hesitate, we help each other here. That was the mean goal of mine when I opened this site, it was to help myself and others learn to code.

Hmm, I have Duolingo on my phone. Have you ever used it?

Oh, that's very interesting! I might consider those events!
Duolingo is pretty good! I prefer youtube videos and the app LingoDeer but it depends on what aspect im exactly trying to study!

Today I'm delving into using CSS for the first time. Sometimes its working how I want sometimes its not, I guess I just need to train my eye better to pick up the reasons for why it works sometimes and others not lol.
But its just day one for that so its okay~~~

Starting a little bit of Python today . . . .. . .
update one: using pycharm....
update two: off topic but i really want to learn illustrator next i think...

Last edited:
Duolingo is pretty good! I prefer youtube videos and the app LingoDeer but it depends on what aspect im exactly trying to study!
Any particular reason? Or just found that's what helped you learn the quickest?

Today I'm delving into using CSS for the first time. Sometimes its working how I want sometimes its not, I guess I just need to train my eye better to pick up the reasons for why it works sometimes and others not lol.
But its just day one for that so its okay~~~
CSS is really fun to play with! But be sure to ask for help if you get stuck!

Starting a little bit of Python today . . . .. . .
update one: using pycharm....
update two: off topic but i really want to learn illustrator next i think...
CSS to Python?! I'd get soo distracted, Great for you! Are you ready to start teaching us? :D

Working on two new projects that I hope Code Forum will like! It will take a while so don't expect it tomorrow! :D

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom