Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Custom font not loading on Neocities

Quonit

New Coder
I am making a new webpage for my website on neocities: (FRIDAY NIGHT JAMMIN'). On it, I want a few places to use a specific font that looks like the game the webpage is about. I used this tutorial: How To Load and Use Custom Fonts with CSS | DigitalOcean
1. I use the website they told me to use to get the files I needed
2. I put them on my website in an FNF folder
3. I put them in my CSS file called FNF Page/fnf_stylesheet.css like this:
1682464559003.png
I don't actually have a ttf or eot, but I put fake urls for them there anyways because I was just trying to follow what the website said.
4. I linked them to my html file like this
1682464367554.png
5. Everything in the CSS loads onto the webpage, except for my font.
6. I woke up the next morning to find out my font had worked
image.png

but I needed to do some style edits to make it look like how I wanted it to.
7. The font no longer works, instead replacing the parts where the font should be with a default.
1682464497735.png
I'm not sure why my font isn't leading, but I'd really like it to, and I know that it worked once already so I just need to know what I messed up.

Attachments

• 1682464136384.png
    1682464136384.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1682464545594.png
    1682464545594.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1682464623179.png
    1682464623179.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 1
I tried looking it up, I can't seem to find a Neocities debugger. It just puts warnings and Xs next to my code sometimes if something is wrong or not according to their syntax.

I meant the browser's debugger invoked by pressing F12. Anyone doing web development should be using that, even if it's only to view Console output and Network traffic.

I see! I'm new to this, so "basic" info such as that is really helpful for me. Also sorry for using screenshots in the first post, I hadn't learn I should paste in code yet.

Looking at the network tab, I don't see anything related to the urls for my font. They're all youtube or google links because of the playlist I put on the website and the video I embedded.

Looking at the network tab, I don't see anything related to the urls for my font.
Hm. The screenshots led me to believe your font would have to be loaded from an URL. And if for whatever reason that would fail, the reason might be visible in the network tab. But I could be all wrong here. One thing that tickles me is your statement
I woke up the next morning to find out my font had worked
Maybe always sleep a night over it then ? No seriously, perhaps you have a caching issue ?

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom