Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS HTML Editor within HTML website

wheresthatcode

New Coder
I have created an intranet through css and html. There is a particular page that has on it the schedule for each day.

At the moment i'm editing that page each day for them.

Is there a way to create a html page that will have a simple imbedded editor that you can just change the wording and click a submit button and it will change the wording on a particular page.

The reason for this is that if i gave managers a link to this page, it would save me teaching them how to edit the code to change what they need without messing up everything else.
So by having a simple text box that says the current text and they can just change it and click sumbit or save changes, it would help alot.

You'll need some back end language to store the contents of the submission. If someone just edits the HTML in an editor, that doesn't save the data anywhere.

How complex do you want to go with this? Should anyone be able to manage the content, or only managers? This could be as simple as a form that saves the HTML content to a file, to something where you require a manager to log in to an account, you verify they are a manager, and then save / load the HTML from a database. This could all be done in PHP but not sure if your setup / server supports that.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom